Motorcycle Endorsement

magley64

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just went for the test....No MSF.

Took mine on an '82 Yamaha Vision 550. Great bike to do it on....lightweight & nimble. Adjusted my idle so I just released the clutch & coasted through everything without having to worry about my throttle. Passed the first time.

Only thing I had to re-do was the part where they have you race up to the line, then slam on the brakes for a controlled skid/stop. I sandbagged the guy the first time, so he sent me back to "go faster" :D

Good luck again tomorrow Maggs!! ;) Post up when you get back

Yep, 2001 XX is my dream bike, and i got her a few months ago...

I've been riding since i was 8 (i got a minibike) when i turned 12 i traded up for a kawasaki 550 ltd...had a couple of CB750's since then, and have had my permit more times than i care to count: something always happens to get in my way (last year i couldn't get my bike to charge, so i needed a new battery every 15 miles or so)

Nope, not new to riding, 6 years of exp..(legally)

I'm same as you. I've had to get a permit every year because somethin happens. Last year it was because I broke my arm in 3 places. Prior to that I tore my MCL in my left knee, broke rib and dislocated collar bone. Prior to that was back surgery, fractured vertebrae and more broken ribs.

Only one injury was from a motorcycle wreck.

Going the 9th for the MSF course so i can get the insurance reduction.

the only think that i'm even slightly concerned with is the tight u-turn...

i haven't quite turned with my forks against stops yet...

if they give me 2 full lanes, i can definitely do it, a lane and 1/2, maybe not...

u turns are easy. you get more than 2 spaces if you are using a 500cc or larger.

stay in first gear, use the rear brake to control your speed.

the most important thing about making u turns though, is look where you want to go and not where you're going. turn your head around and look over your shoulder.

easy peasy.

another trick ppl do is, like fonz said, turn your idle up a bit. when you let out the clutch you should just coast along, and not have to worry about the throttle.

• 2 weeks later...
Took the test 1 month after buying my first bike 05-750 and having never ridden before.

Passed the first time. Im sure luck helped.

same here...I have only been on the road (used to dirt ride) for 2.5 weeks. Got my endorsement last week...test is very easy.

I didn't think it was hard at all. The only pain is the cone weave IMHO. I had been riding for only two weeks, took it on my 600rr and passed with only five points in deductions (missed 2 cones in the cone weave, lol).

Three others were there though. Two of them were on 250cc bikes, one of them failed on his 600 and borrowed the 250cc, third guy was on a lil scooter. The two guys on the 250cc bikes failed half-way through, scooter barely passed with 10 points (11 is failure). Biggest thing is not getting worked up if you FUBAR the cone weave, just make sure you keep trucking along, keep your feet up, and nail the u-turn (LOOK WHERE YOU WANT TO GO, NOT THE LINES!!!). Everything else is a cake walk!

Just took the MSF course. Got my endorsment. Picked up my 750 the next day and have been comfortable riding. Learned a lot of skills that will be helpful. For $25 and a few hours of my time and the chance to use a 250 to do all of that on, worth my money and time.