Track Day July 13th

iwishiwascool

ColumbusDSM has arranged a track day Tuesday July 13th at NTR. The test and tune will be single lane only and run from 5pm to 11pm.

We are targeting 30 cars but may include a few more if the interest is high enough. We have filled 13 spots from the paid members of Columbus DSM and are now opening it to Non paid members and other local enthusiasts.

30 cars, of course, means unlimited runs. The one lane stipulation is a sad one but the cost doubles for a two lane rental.

The Cost is $50 per car and free for spectators. Its not cheap, but after wasting 10 bucks on a few friday "test and tunes" aka run 2 times and wait in line for 4 hours, Im willing to pay the premium.

If youre interested via PayPal using the ColumbusDSM@hotmail.com address.

Feel free to voice questions or concerns.

[ 16. June 2004, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: iwishiwascool ]

it depends on how many people sign up ahead of time. I suppose that would be an option... but not really at the gate, more like day before or after.

It just depends how Desperate we get. Who knew it would be this hard to get 30 people together who want unlimited track passes?

If you dont want to use paypal, you can meet up with myself or one of the other admins/mods either this weekend at where ever the meet spot might be or on tuesday at roosters on olentangy, where columbusDSM will be.

Otherwise we could make arrangements. I live on campus and work downtown so im quite central.

Originally posted by MadMalibu:

The only problem with this track day is you cant race other people. That is what a lot of people like to do, and I understand why you guys didnt get both lanes.

-Marc

True story. 50 bucks a person is high enough. Im quite sure this is why COFBA treks up to norwalk as they do not have this silly stipulation.

Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

True story. 50 bucks a person is high enough. Im quite sure this is why COFBA treks up to norwalk as they do not have this silly stipulation.

I think Norwalk is more than trails...

Another reason they go to Norwalk is for the better track.

-Marc

Originally posted by The Ogrish:

50 bucks + 1 lane = graemlins/bsflag.gif

$10 for T&T.

10 bucks = 3 runs, 4 if youre extra lucky and spend the 5 hours baking in the staging lanes.

50 bucks = unlimited runs, relaxation between them, ability to make adjustments and immediately see results... not 2 hours later.

The choice is yours. Id pay the premium for a track rental any day.

i guess it aint too bad...but just a lot of money plus the cost of race gas for the people who have to use that, food, water whatever... and only one lane.... that kinda sucks...but still you get time to take a break and go again...good practice i guess...i might go...if Im not in IL for NMRA.

Guest My12SecGT
$50 for only one lane is really steep. I went to norwalk for "smackdown" and you get unlimited runs, also both lanes. It started at 9 and ends at 5. Then the T&T after that and the cost $40 with no crew/spectator fee. They do great with the track prep. spray it after a hour or so. just giving some info.