Pacemakers - Under new management....

Akula

I went to the Pacemakers drivers meeting on Sunday. They are trying to generate more interest in the track and make it a bit more friendly to all. One of the things that may interest some of the guys here is the Byers will be sponsoring a Friday night race each friday night with a $500 prize for sport compacts. Might be an interesting thing for those that don't have BBC drag cars.

That is just one of the many programs they want to have in place to get more and different classes at the track.

http://www.pacemakersdragway.com

That track is owned by someone, and someone else leases the facility and manages it each year.

It needs alot of work to become a 1/4 mile facility. If you run a street car and run thru the 1/8th the shutdown seems long, but if you run across the finish line in less than 5 seconds and are running over 140MPH, the shut down is VERY short.

The guy that is running the track this year wants to get more bikes and quick cars on the program, he has a super-quick series put together (we will be running it) and some other nice things are going on. Stuff like putting a playground in the spectator area etc... This guy fell into some money by way of his business is booming so he wants to pump up the sport he loves. Having a drivers meeting is a big sign of things to come as he wants the racers involved.

I told him that sport compact participation will probably be low because most guys that run SC want 1/4 mile, but the $500 purse will be a big draw. He said if he gets enough participation he will add another to the $500 purse because Byers is putting up the first $500.

It should be an interesting year and I suggest you run out for a test and tune to check it out, you might like it better than trails.

BR13, I thought there where a bunch of guys there. I was sitting by the guy that keep talking about that sportsman cut off. We run Quick and could care less about the damn sportsman index.

As for bikes, the track manager is getting some of the local clubs to start coming out. We shall see.

• 3 weeks later...
shit, i shoulda have gone. my dad was there, funny guy with glasses and blue Brenner Motorsports hat. i run up there all the time, the track is like 11 miles away from the house. actually, i was up there this last saturday and broke the tranny in my beater.

yea, what u run up there? times? last time i had my 2g out there i put down a 8.06 @ 84mph still running the stock 1g turbo. this weekend i'll try to make it there if i can get all the parts here and on the car and tuned by then.

aight man, it'll be a real squeeze to get this thing together. i'm relying on parts gettin here that were ordered yesterday and today and a buddy to weld up a downpipe starting like thursday. oh man