Marion International Raceway

iwishiwascool

Guest stevil

I didn't like it, don't plan on going back. They teched me, I didn't have a battery tie down and the guy didn't want me to run, but let me anyways.

Track was bumpy. Not many cars. Half of my timeslips were missing some of the data. Lots of delays for track clean ups and stupid crap. I got more runs in than at Trails, but they weren't good runs. So it depends on what you want.

wow i went every friday for a year and never got teched, you just show up at the line when they say it's time and race. It's more of a palce to go to have fun drag racing then to get anything that resembles decent times.

Id be willing to bet its because he has a big v8 and we only have baby 4s. Thats usually the mentality of the tech dudes.

A guy asked me what the helmet was for at NTR one time. I told him I run 12s. He looked skeptical to say the least.

they usually tech the first 2 weeks maybe three after that you can usually do what ever you want. i've been going there since i was born and it's gone down in quality alittle, but it's not bad. for my dad's 68 cougar that runs mid 10s it hooked exactly the same at norwalk as it does at MCIR. the only times it was faster at norwalk was right after the pro 5.0 guys ran(this was at fun ford weekend) and they had just preped the track with the powder and the spray. after a round it was back to same old times that it ran at MCIR.

I like it alot. IF you don't stall through stageing lanes you have been teched and have passed. graemlins/thumb.gif The only down fall is i was thier once and a scoop flew off of a 55 i was racing. lots of runs though like 8 in an 1 1/2 hour and that was stopping and eatting.

~Erik

Originally posted by 1TRUESS:

I'm planning on going Fri. so we will see if I will ever want to go back.

ill probably see you there. Looks like im going but not racing. My roomate will be running. We have an agreement (Since we drive DSMs) that one of us runs and the other doenst in case the other breaks/blows up.

I think a few of us DSM kids will be there

Guest stevil
Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

We have an agreement (Since we drive DSMs) that one of us runs and the other doenst in case the other breaks/blows up.

lol :D Nice plan

We used to race at Marion every weekend in the mid 90's. That track has always been a piece of crap and they refuse to sell it or fix it up. Bill and Shelby are just money hungry and if people keep going up there then they will keep operating the way they do. When our car first got in to the 8's we would have all kinds of problems getting the car down the track because of the track conditions and Shelby said it was our fault because we made the car that fast. C'mon now.

The roomate ran 12.6 @ 113 starting with an AWD Burnout.

When you have AWD and the best 60' you can muster is 2.0 when your normal is 1.7x, there's a problem.

I dont know if Id go back, it took forever to get there, the prep left a lot to be desired, and my lil asian friend definitely heard a few racial slurs under the breaths of some country fuckers before I got there.

Guess it depends on how desperate I get.

funny story.

I forgot the directions as I was in a rush to leave my office. I vaguely remembered the roomate mentioning that the exit was just past honda, and I thought I had read it was 42 or 47. So I passed the honda plant, went to the next exit then the next until I got to Fn Mad river mountain. If there were a gas station within 30 miles of that god forsaken area, I sure didnt know about it.

So I turned back to marysville, went to a gas station. I must have found the only gay (not that there is anything wrong with that) gas station attendant in the entire state. Of course he didnt know where it was but was able to direct me to marion.

So I traveled down rt 4 forever, Im a city boy so the lack of civilization on top of the fact that I was 2 hours late was more than I could stand. So finally after almost 15 miles I found a gas station. Some lil ol lady 5 customers back in line knew where it was. Little known fact, Marion County Itnl Raceway is not in Marion. I back tracked another 10 miles found 37 and made it there 25 minutes later.

So It took ME... 2.5 hours to get there because im retarded.

My roomate made it there in an hour.

norwalk is definitley my prefered track. Im a cleveland native so its easy to stay at my parents home when I venture up there

I actually just got a studder box chipped in. Leaving the line at MCIR at 5.5k with 13 psi wouldnt have done much.

Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

The roomate ran 12.6 @ 113 starting with an AWD Burnout.

When you have AWD and the best 60' you can muster is 2.0 when your normal is 1.7x, there's a problem.

I dont know if Id go back, it took forever to get there, the prep left a lot to be desired, and my lil asian friend definitely heard a few racial slurs under the breaths of some country fuckers before I got there.

Guess it depends on how desperate I get.

I saw you out there. I have video of your car running. I had alot of problems with my new setup. I had a 13.60 @ 114 and a 12.70 at 113. I have the yellow WRX. All in all it was a pretty good time.

the reason guthrie wouldn't sell is because he wanted 3 million for it. if he'd put some money back into it it'd be a good track. i just hope that some day somebody fixes it up and it doesn't close. i'd hate to have to drive to trails every weekend

Originally posted by Andy:

the reason guthrie wouldn't sell is because he wanted 3 million for it. if he'd put some money back into it it'd be a good track. i just hope that some day somebody fixes it up and it doesn't close. i'd hate to have to drive to trails every weekend

I second that

i was there in my beater 1g. ran 13.10 @ 102.99mph. pretty much stock runnin 17psi on 93 octane. it's really ghetto lookin. paint comin off hood, black bumper on blue car. i'll prolly take the 2g up there for tuning once it gets runnin here soon.

Guest Jonnygts
The only problem i have with it is that i get no traction at all. Other than that you get alot of runs, I dont think Ive gotten less than 4 ever. Meh, I want to check out some others tho. I need to get into the dang 14's.