anyone know how to bleed brakes?

Big Chief201

I did mine last fluid change manually with no pump. Just need to find a tube that fits it. But I'm purchasing a pump for my next one probably.

It's easy. Just don't EVER let any of it get on your paint. I covered my plastics under it with towels just in case.

Vacula for the win...it's a snap-on tool.

If you do get any brake fluid on your bike; wheels, plastics, frame, etc. You can neutralize it with water. Just keep a spray bottle of water handy while you are bleeding them.

Without a pump the best way to bleed brakes and actually something I do after using the vacula is to slowly pump the brake several times then hold it in and quickly crack the bleeder and close it then re-pump the brake several times. That will produce the stiffest brake. I'd be glad to help if you were closer.

Without a pump the best way to bleed brakes and actually something I do after using the vacula is to slowly pump the brake several times then hold it in and quickly crack the bleeder and close it then re-pump the brake several times. That will produce the stiffest brake.

Yep, that's what I did mystery homie.;)

If I wasnt gonna be running around like a chicken with my head cut off tonight Id come over and help ya out. Im trying to get everything ready to go to Road America tomorrow. If you do buy the pumo tho let me know so I can come over and use it! :D

They got mushy? Doesn't sound like you need to bleed them to me. Only time you'd have air in the lines that would require bleeding is if you just put new brakes on. If you haven't done anything to your brakes and they just started feeling mushy, then you've got problems other than air in the lines. Just my .02

a common mistake is to mess up the timing of opening/closing the valve. if you get a pump make sure you are applying a vacuum when you close it. also make sure you don't let the fluid level in the resevoir get low enough to let air in the lines.

it's possible you could be having a master cylinder or caliper issue..one of the previous posters was right about that...but bleeding is the first and easiest step. make sure u do it in the right order too. MC..then closest caliper..then farthest caliper.

Furthest caliper first man!!! Furthest

That makes sense, because air rises..and I have been told that in the past. But I have also been told MC, then nearest caliper, and I have a manual in front of me that states the same.

If you were in Lorain you could borrow mine.

Like someone else said..you don't NEED a pump. But it makes the whole thing so brainless and error free it's not even funny. Of course you can do it without one..but having one is worth SOO much it's really not even funny.

No, they can "just get mushy" It happens

You aren't gonna just all of a sudden get air in your lines. Something has to cause it. So the brakes were either not bled properly to start or there is another problem somewhere.

first, brakes can become soft or mushy due to heat from using the brakes over time. Heat breaks the fluid down and air can get in via bubbles created. Otherwise, you could bleed the system once and be done forever. For racing, we bleed the system once a day at minimum.

Oh, do top and then furthest caliper like yoga said and the second caliper. I hit the top a second time.

Screw that pump deal... I use a bottle of water and a hose. Perfect.