Newbie from Lancaster...

demitrix

Hey guys just saying hello from the lil town of Lancaster, Im looking at gettin my first bike and Im considering a Ninja 250...Ive heard they are good beginners bike. Anyhow Im curious how you all learned to ride...did u take the state classes or have a relative teach you or just buy your bike and tough it out?

welcome!

i must say, i bought the bike before i learned..taking the class at the end of end the month. after i bought it, a friend taught me..on my bike!lol

the 250 is a good beginner bike, its very forgiving

Hey man! I know you...it's Jon

I dont have much of any experience on the road so I can kinda relate, but I used to trail ride a lot with some older 100cc bikes. I would just say tough it out, you will pick it up rather quickly, just practice in a small neighborhood or parking lot.

I will have to ride out there and see you man. Been a while.

welcomeeee aboard! the 08 ninja is pure sex. but if you're just looking to start-out you cant go wrong with a 250!

Aaron

cant go wrong with a 500 either :D :D :D

but the 250 is much better looking.

yeah the 500 hasnt been updated since like 94. and even then it was mostly cosmetic. the real meat of the bike has been the same for 20 years... which says something. ill leave it up to you to decide what :)

more power than the 250, but not too much for a newbie. but its still fast enough to take you from 0-jail. they are pretty reliable, and when something does break, they are easy to work on too.

i love mine :)

They are a little heavy, for a sportbike, but as a beginner thats not necessarily a bad thing.

They are very stable and depending on his size, a 250 is probably too small. The Kat offers a couple of years of riding experience without out growing the bike.

Welcome to the board, GL find a bike that you find to your liking. I live down here also and just found a empty church parking lot for about 2 hours and slowly worked my way up. But a MSF is a better option looking back. When you get more comfortable you can head out to the BMV "Liberty Center" and practice the motorcycle course test after hours. I did this multiple times and only had the police show up once as it was like 1am (oopps!) It can be difficult with a sportbike, but I passed it my first go. Let us know how things go!