$43,000 Integra

Tulo

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by TurboD:

you dont need to build the d for it to be faster then a b16a. the terror of ls/vtec sends shivers down my spine...

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by kshymkiw83:

Sure i got the huge cock in my ass

</font>So why does your built and boosted d-series only run a high 14? I see B16's in EF's with I/H/E runnin 14.5 and lower....seems to me the b16 is just a little quicker with simple bolt on's than a built d-series boosting.

Originally posted by Republicant:

Oh shit, we have ourselves an E-thug. You're four years older than I am? :shudder:... What a badass. My E-penis is bigger than your E-penis. :eek:

... I bought myself my motorcycle. Race in the spring?

yea, cause i am the one who got all defensive about everything. Your 17 and got a bike, must be nice to have mom and dad to pay for it. If you don't kill yourself first i'll be glad to run you.

...Actually, I'm 18, and I bought it myself, like I said above. You may be older, but you're obviously illiterate. Whenever you decide to stop pretending to be an internet hardass from dublin, let me know, and I'll smoke your ugly ass pile of shit, with a hot-ass girl on the back of my bike. :eek:

FWD supposedly 450 hp supposedly 1800 lbs O.o? My 240 doesn't way much and all said in done if were bench racing with our future plans >2600 lbs 6-spd RWD alot more hp then that. You want it on a road course or drag strip? Since were already dreaming up numbers and future mods, we mideaswell imagine who is going to win too.

Originally posted by kshymkiw83:

What you fail to realize is the 88-91 Civic, more specifically the DX and STD are some of the lightest Hondas ever made. So your telling me i am stupid for buying a car that weighs 2078 lbs? Now that it has no interior i expect it to weigh 1850-1950. So your tellign me when i throw in my setup of a built LS/Vtec and boost the shit out of it making roughly 350-450 WHP that is stupid huh? Cause my power to weight ratio is just awesome.........sounds really dumb to me too.
Seriously, I'd tell you to get off your high horse, but your horse is the short bus.

My 86 CRX Si, fully fueled, 0.0 weight reduction mods, and even optioned w/ a power moonroof weighed in at exactly 2000lbs on a certified grain elevator scale (as in I weighed it, not this "internet says" bullshit). Do I want a cookie? Nope; hell, I never modded that car at all.....the potential just really wasn't there IMO.

What you "plan" to do to your car means nothing. I swear every kid I come across with some old econo-box that has a couple bolt-on's always swears they are going to do some "LS swap w/ a turbo" or "I'm gonna put NAAAAWWWWZZZ on my B16AQELKFKLDS motor." They all say this....they never back it up w/ a little thing call action.

I would LIKE to build a forged shortblock this winter. I'm not going to say I will be; if funds allow, I just may do so. See, this is a good example of what to say. Me building a shortblock is a realistic mod that would be the next logical step on my car's setup. Not out of this world or some far-reach, never going to happen event. Even then I'm not saying "when I do it," rather "if I do it." And then, I'm not going around bragging what the results will be if I do it and things turn out all good.

Honestly, sounds like any other ricer I know. I will get this and this and this and it will have this much horsepower and run this quarter mile time and will eat mustangs and camaros and vipers and bikes all day long. I've heard over and over, usually its at least from kids that are 16-18, give or take a few years. Its kinda understandable for them to have high hopes and all that cause they are young and dumb. Everytime I've heard anyone say they were going to do that much work its never been done. Even the people who have gotten close have never followed through. Something happens to the car or they get a new one and talk up shit about it. Now the people that are calm about it and say I'm workin on making this faster, and have realistic plans like one thing at a time. They end up with fast cars. I do have future plans of boost, but I don't know if it will be on this car or the next, I know I don't have the bank for it now, so we'll see. I would like to see a lot of boost on my h23 lude... but there are a lot of little goals I have to get through first, like gettin the thing back on the pavement.

And by the way, the LS/Vtec isn't the best engine in the world, I know a guy who swapped it into his car and it was fast... then he junked it for a b18c (Integra Type R) engine just like the one this post is about. He cut about a second off of his quarter.

[ 24. August 2004, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: h23it ]

Originally posted by SupraGlue:

A Radical is a car designed for circuit racing. The Type R is a hopped up Civic.

hopped up civic? Thats a joke, the ITR is made for road racing, plain and simple, its not an econobox civic. Stock ITR's, with good drivers, will compete and beat most of your american sports cars, with good drivers, on road courses

hopped up civic? Thats a joke, the ITR is made for road racing, plain and simple, its not an econobox civic. Stock ITR's, with good drivers, will compete and beat most of your american sports cars, with good drivers, on road courses

I'd like to see it put up against a new GTO or 03+ Cobra, similar drivers.

I think the ITR would be eating gravel.

Guest Tony_K

graemlins/lurk.gif

Honda compacts, especially Integras, are genuine thoroughbreds and highly sought by those in the know. The ones you see on the streets are just produced to homologate the racing versions. The integra really is just a street legal race car with creature comforts added and streetable suspension settings. YOUR BIG, BRAWNY V8 CAN'T HOLD A CANDLE TO THE FINESSE AND NINJA-LIKE INGENUITY OF THE ALMIGHTY HONDA!!!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad: HONDA RULEZ!!!!! :mad::mad::mad: KING OF SPORTSCARS!!!!!

Originally posted by Rane:

FWD supposedly 450 hp supposedly 1800 lbs O.o? My 240 doesn't way much and all said in done if were bench racing with our future plans >2600 lbs 6-spd RWD alot more hp then that. You want it on a road course or drag strip? Since were already dreaming up numbers and future mods, we mideaswell imagine who is going to win too.

are you using a SR20? Thsoe are known to make nice numbers after being built. I don't plan on dropping too much into this engine though, i'm figuring 4-5k for this swap....not smoe insane amount of money.

Originally posted by h23it:

Honestly, sounds like any other ricer I know. I will get this and this and this and it will have this much horsepower and run this quarter mile time and will eat mustangs and camaros and vipers and bikes all day long. I've heard over and over, usually its at least from kids that are 16-18, give or take a few years. Its kinda understandable for them to have high hopes and all that cause they are young and dumb. Everytime I've heard anyone say they were going to do that much work its never been done. Even the people who have gotten close have never followed through. Something happens to the car or they get a new one and talk up shit about it. Now the people that are calm about it and say I'm workin on making this faster, and have realistic plans like one thing at a time. They end up with fast cars. I do have future plans of boost, but I don't know if it will be on this car or the next, I know I don't have the bank for it now, so we'll see. I would like to see a lot of boost on my h23 lude... but there are a lot of little goals I have to get through first, like gettin the thing back on the pavement.

And by the way, the LS/Vtec isn't the best engine in the world, I know a guy who swapped it into his car and it was fast... then he junked it for a b18c (Integra Type R) engine just like the one this post is about. He cut about a second off of his quarter.

Well a stock LS/Vtec sure as hell isn't gonna be as quick as a B18c (ITR) engine. Even a "stage 2" LS/Vtec isn't the best as i knwo someoen who has one. I am going LS/Vtec for the torque and low compression.

You would liek to run alot of boost on your h23....i know someone who runs 30+ lbs on his built H22...he is hoping for low 11's, and that engine is in a Integra.

Originally posted by Harris92:

There is no doubt that an ITR would get eaten alive by a new cobra or a new gto on any course.

Haha that is a joke. You guys don't understand about Hondas. Lets get a little off topic for 1 second and switch to the NSX.

The NSX ran Stock against your High HP R33's, Porsche's, Subaru, etc....These are the cars pushing 1000hp and set up to run circuts. The NSX walks out stock with just drag radials and leads the whole race and ends up in 3rd, as it lost it's lead in the straights.

The ITR has successfully proven itself time and time again against any form of car. The ITR is PERFECTLY balanced, the weight is the exact same at every curb. Every body design feature was tested in an air tunnel and tuned perfectly for circut racing. The car is even geared for circut racing. I got a DVD "The Best of Motoring:Type R legends" Where an ITR stock owns all the 2.0ltr and above turbo cars. The ITR has even competed against the "American Mucle cars i.e. the Dodge Viper and has taken it on a road course. The exit speed of the ITR is rediculous.

You guys here underestimate our little 4 bangers. If any of the Viper or Vette or 03 Cobra owners here would like to go up to mid-ohiofor and open track day i know quite a few ITR owners who would be happy to roll you on the track. Not saying the R will win, but it will roll you in the turns, the only place you guys would touch it is on the starights.

no, it won't...

stripping out the sound insulation and blueprinting the engine doesn't make it a race car. you're stupid if you consider the ITR a purpose built car...