$43,000 Integra

Tulo

Originally posted by recklessOP:

no, it won't...

stripping out the sound insulation and blueprinting the engine doesn't make it a race car. you're stupid if you consider the ITR a purpose built car...

Sorry Matt, I'm going to back the douche up on this one. The R is am amazingly purpose built car, not just something with stickers and a wing. That said, it still isn't a supercar....

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The ITR is PERFECTLY balanced, the weight is the exact same at every curb."

seriously, what the fuck are you talking about? the car has 60+% of its weight on the front wheels... :confused:

"The ITR has even competed against the "American Mucle cars i.e. the Dodge Viper and has taken it on a road course."

most every racing series has rules in place to equalize the cars. hell, i've passed a brand new porsche 911 turbo at nelson ledges. i guess my old mustang is the superior car...

"The exit speed of the ITR is rediculous."

no, FWD cars understeer on corner exit when you apply power...

"You guys here underestimate our little 4 bangers."

and you have lost touch with reality...

[ 24. August 2004, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: recklessOP ]

Originally posted by Republicant:

How much does that carbon lump of deliciousness cost?

brand new, about as much as the integra that started this thread. i can probably find a cheaper example if you'd like...

that car is purpose built for road courses. the ITR is not. the ITR is a hopped up road car...

"The ITR is PERFECTLY balanced, the weight is the exact same at every curb."

seriously, what the fuck are you talking about? the car has 60+% of its weight on the front wheels... :confused:

"The ITR has even competed against the "American Mucle cars i.e. the Dodge Viper and has taken it on a road course."

most every racing series has rules in place to equalize the cars. hell, i've passed a brand new porsche 911 turbo at nelson ledges. i guess my old mustang is the superior car...

"The exit speed of the ITR is rediculous."

no, FWD cars understeer on corner exit when you apply power...

"You guys here underestimate our little 4 bangers."

and you have lost touch with reality...

man you are smoking crack. I don't know hwo lied to you about the Type R. Maybe i should find you guys a link for the advantages of the type R.

yes the car is perfectly balanced. yes it was built for circut racing, and yes yuor viper was not, it was made to go in a staright line which we know is harder than driving a road course. Oh yes and the ITR has awesome exit speed...reguardless of whether it is a FWD car or not, cause of it's balance. I'm off to find this link

no, it won't...

stripping out the sound insulation and blueprinting the engine doesn't make it a race car. you're stupid if you consider the ITR a purpose built car...

Are you stupid. The R comes with insulation. the engine also wasn't blue printed. in fact the 96-97 R's were hand milled. The engine is put together by hand with a micrometer on EVERY bolt. Your just mad cause this 20k car can oiut handle your 80k car

Originally posted by kshymkiw83:

taken from http://216.253.186.24/technical.html

I quote: "A large percentage of the vehicle mass is near the center of the vehicle for enhanced transient response and handling." 60% of the weight is on the front of the car RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

it's called weight distribution. look it up. you're not going to like what you find...

ok i missed it i'll give you that i was looking for somethign else. Your just wrong though, bring that POS viper out and get rolled by a type R. i know a tpye r locally that rolled a 700+hp Supra built for the track at the last ITR expo.....

ok i missed it i'll give you that i was looking for somethign else. Your just wrong though, bring that POS viper out and get rolled by a type R. i know a tpye r locally that rolled a 700+hp Supra built for the track at the last ITR expo.....

that's nice...

Who is this guy? Where did he get the Cult Of VTEC Yo kool aid?

Listen up. Only in Honda la-la land is the Type R considered some kind of road racing legend. Read all of the dealer brochures you want, but the REALITY is that out on a road course, an ITR better stay the fuck out of the way of any of a number of factory stock cars, never mind a REAL race car.

My old GSR sucked coming out of low speed turns, and got smoked on straighaways by Vipers, Corvettes, Mustangs and FD RX-7s. The holy and sacred ITR has what? 15 more hp? Ain't gonna help. In tight corners, moderately prepped Miatas are definitely faster than either a GSR or ITR. In a high speed sweeper, there are literally dozens of cars that are going to feel more stable than any Integra.

Learn something about cars. $43k buys you REAL race cars. The Radical, or the Stohr D sports racer (what Matt posted a pic of) are perfect examples of cars that would obliterate an ITR for that money. Obliterate is a technical term that means lapping repeatedly during a typical road course session.

Here's my last comment on this -- a white ITR attempted to follow me down a country road in Athens County when I still had stock turbos (SR 691, for those who care). It did not work out well for him (yes, he was obviously pushing hard and trying to keep up), and quickly vanished from my mirrors. Sure, it does well for an under 2 liter four cylinder FWD econobox, but that is all. Once real sports cars and truly purpose built race cars get into the game, the only thing the ITR driver gets are blue flags at every corner.

* since this kid has probably never been to a road course, I'll explain that the blue flag means "get the fuck out of the way, the car behind you is faster"

You should be the last person to ever call someone's car a POS. Look at the hunk you are driving. Whoopee, an old Civic. Probably with a CAI and a fart cannon, that you have all these "big plans" for, that if by some miracle you completed, would net you some whopping high 14's and handle as poorly as it looks. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

You should be the last person to ever call someone's car a POS. Look at the hunk you are driving. Whoopee, an old Civic. Probably with a CAI and a fart cannon, that you have all these "big plans" for, that if by some miracle you completed, would net you some whopping high 14's and handle as poorly as it looks. :rolleyes:

2. CamaroMullet: The CamaroMullet used to have full reign over the mullet brethren, but that was back in the 70's and 80's. This species has fallen from grace since, but can still be seen enjoying NASCAR events and shopping at Kragen, or up in the attic cooking up crank. Distinguishing features include: a molester mustache (peach fuzzy), tight-fitting acid wash jeans, and an ever-present key ring hanging from the belt loop.

Feel the mulletude emanating through your computer screen from this rare pic.

It is not recommended you confront the CamaroMullet, for they are very aggressive and cannot be hurt (this might be due to the frequent use of methamphetamines, angel dust, etc.).

Mulletude: 10

Aggressiveness: 10

Hobbies: primering cars, bar fights, picking scabs, losing teeth.

Sightings: Kragen, Grand Auto, working on a Camaro on their front lawn.

Favorite Band: AC DC

http://www.mulletjunky.com/webimages/special.jpg

" I know a guy who has some super-JDM-spec-ultra-fast ITR" "I know a guy who has a built H22 on XXX PSI of boost" Blah blah blah. Come back when you finish your car. CR is built on "Run whatcha brung" Noone cares about your plans for your 15 year-old POS. BTW, 30#s of boost??? are you frigging kidding me? 30# of boost only = 11's? Just as an example, Anthony's firebird went mid-11's on only 6#s boost. Hell, an otherwise STOCK 99+ GT with a 14# KB blower and CAI put down over 500 RWHP. so by that math, 6-14PSI>30PSI

BTW, I would much rather have a new GTO, '03-'04 Cobra, Cobra R, or hell, even an FD RX-7 than an ITR. With equal drivers, any of the above mentioned cars would dominate your beloved (excuse me, your friend's ITR)

*This thread is not meant in anyway to flame any of the CR honda boys, this is directly solely towards Ksyhmkiw83, for his annoying Honda nut-swinging and retarded E-thugging.*