BMW vs BMW

Guest Rane

95 M3s are ODBI and generally will be mroe $, because of it. They respond better to mods, but have less torque due to a change in intake manifold designs.

96-01 are ODBII and respond OK to mods, but they aren't speed demons. They are well engineered cars that you can take on 8 hour road trips and drive in triple digits and feel comfortable.

On any 95-02 M3 replace the water pump. They are plastic and the impeler wheel can and will break. Not a good thing.

The 323i is a sedan that can;t be compared to the ///M cars.

The m3 will dyno higher hp than the 330, and the 330 is more expensive, but the M is more sporty. If it comes down to price, an M with a lot of miles should not be the choice, or any BMW with high miles. But its really a though one, but I'd probably find a low mileage m3.

Guest LOVEMYBMW
Originally posted by 2.slow:

95 M3s are ODBI and generally will be mroe $, because of it. They respond better to mods, but have less torque due to a change in intake manifold designs.

96-01 are ODBII and respond OK to mods, but they aren't speed demons. They are well engineered cars that you can take on 8 hour road trips and drive in triple digits and feel comfortable.

On any 95-02 M3 replace the water pump. They are plastic and the impeler wheel can and will break. Not a good thing.

The 323i is a sedan that can;t be compared to the ///M cars.

You are a fucking idiot!!! You drive a fucking Pontiac. Take your peice of shit rubbermaid slow car back to GM. Your post disgusts me.

Guest LOVEMYBMW

If I was joking, I'd be wearing a fucking clown suit. I dont know who the fuck he is, but he's wasting the air supply on this Earth with his babble.

Get a clue.

Guest LOVEMYBMW

I can tell you a couple things.

Someone driving a Pontiac has no idea what a BMW is.

If your looking for QUICK, 325is. They are fast when driven properly. I have one that is mainted by a race team and I love being pushed in my seat when the car winds out. You can add a V1 supercharger and make 600-700hp.

Originally posted by LOVE MY BMW:

I can tell you a couple things.

Someone driving a Pontiac has no idea what a BMW is.

If your looking for QUICK, 325is. They are fast when driven properly. I have one that is mainted by a race team and I love being pushed in my seat when the car winds out. You can add a V1 supercharger and make 600-700hp.

Really? Wow, ok. Well, my neighbor, who has a 2002 M3, is planning on trading it in for the new Cadillac STS-V. This is her third BMW, all bought brand fucking new, and they have all been pieces of shit. Just for reference, her '02 M3 needed all new pistons and rods...with only 10k miles on the clock. NONE OF MY GM's have had a reacall like that...Any insight 'master of the BMW?'

Oh, what race team do you work with?

And to conclude, you are an elitest, uneducated, euro-trash wannabe that thinks he's cool because you bought a BMW.

*BMW, the next generation car for the person born with a small penis.

-Marc

*no hate towards the other BMW owners on the board.

Originally posted by Mr. 2:

http://srv5.fountainheadcollege.com/studentweb/brian.vettraino/Second%20Semester/CD204/UnitG/Tool%20World%20copy.jpg

HAAHAA. Im looking into the M3's as we speak. The Volvo is nice, but id like to eventully grab hold of an M. My uncle has built up several (more than 5 but less than 10) and they were all beautiful cars. His last one was a Dinan... Vortec SC @ 13-17psi (dont remember exactly), alky injection, fully built engine, and made a moddest 590whp. It was really something.

I highly recommend the M's, but i couldnt tell you the first thing about them at the moment.

Searching I did just find some kits for 325's that give like 600hp rating or whatever and they look WAY nicer then the year of m3 I would be able to afford as opposed to the year of 323/325 I could get a 99/2000+ and with a m3 I can only get like a 95 or high milage 97 :(

Originally posted by Dark Horse:

This dude really needs to go back in his hole. BMWs are overrated never have i ever been really that impressed by them. Most of them are way to damn boxy for me to ever consider.

Thier suspension 10 years ago is just as good as your Mustangs, if not better. BMW never based thier cars on raw muscle. They built them to ride smooth, have second to none handeling, and to be luxurious... not to run 400m in a strait line then stop to brag about it.

Id enjoy watching your GT run around the track with a 10yr old M... nothing against your car or choice of them, but my money would be on the M.

*EDIT* Just have to add... after driving European cars, Japanese cars, and American cars... the europeans are at least 2 or 3 years ahead of the rest in technology, and quality. My S40 isnt the baddest thing to ever come from Europe... actully its not even all that great compared to its big brothers/sisters... but i still wouldnt trade it for nearly any american or Japanese car because the driving expierence just isnt the same. I guess its one of those things you dont know untill you own one.

Originally posted by Rane:

Searching I did just find some kits for 325's that give like 600hp rating or whatever and they look WAY nicer then the year of m3 I would be able to afford as opposed to the year of 323/325 I could get a 99/2000+ and with a m3 I can only get like a 95 or high milage 97 :(

You might also want to check on the price of some of the BMW aftermarket goodies. BMW name = expensive parts.

just wondering for the sake of it...

of everyone posting which way and that which of you has actually driven say a 95+ M3?? i have and from every type of car i've driven i would definately chose an M3 over most of them.

im just trying to get an understanding cuz a lot of you are saying there not that great and may have never even driven one.

garrett