Help pick my new car

Guest sixpackstang

Z06. News cars are so overrated. Z06's sold well, so they aren't hard to find. Add in the fact that a lot of the owners made them garage queens = you can find a car in like-new condition, and possibly still having some warranty left, for far less than new.

Yes, an 03/04 Cobra may be almost as fast (but not quite :D ) as a Z06, but then take some turns, hit the brakes, and sit in one, and you'll definately see where the cost difference goes.

Why not an 05 GTO?? Will now have hood scoops, bigger brakes, available 18" rims, exhaust coming out each side rather than duals on one side....AND THE 400HP LS2.

The GTO/Z06 both have strong, established, proven aftermarket support as well.

Guest sixpackstang
I guess I'm just not crazy about the looks of the GTO. They aren't bad but I would definately take a Z06 over GTO. I'm thinking about checking out some used cars before I buy anything so I guess this adds a few more cars to my list.

Originally posted by Boosting & broke:

Do you want to launch on street tires??

STI or EVO

Do you want to have a noticeable whine and incredible power once in motion?

03 / 04?

Good example (not picking on anyone)

Andy's EVo vs Sam's Vette....

Both make alot of power (~500ish I think)...

Hmmm, couldn't think of any 03s to use in your example? Maybe I'll have to introduce you to my car next time I see you at Speeds...

You could buy my car, and have money to spare. It's not much of a daily driver though.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=168687103&dealer_id=&car_year=1999&make=PONT&distance=10&max_price=&model=TRANSAM&end_year=2005&advcd_on=n&min_price=&address=43228&sea rch_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=1984&color=&cardist=0

Why am I selling it? It just doesn't fit my needs anymore. I'm selling a couple cars to get a fast daily driver.

Well, hell, if we're offering our own rides, then I'll sell you my car - $30,000 and it's all yours. Has 6,000 miles, and it's got plenty more power than any stock car we've discussed in this thread thus far (Z06, 03/04 Cobra, GTO). ;)

Seriously, if you're interested, PM me.

Originally posted by Venomss:

Hmmm, couldn't think of any 03s to use in your example? Maybe I'll have to introduce you to my car next time I see you at Speeds...

I know what your 03 can do, fruitcake ;)

Honostly, from what it looks like, your making a tad more power than Sam to be able to pull a car on him like that, and keep it (RC Episode 6)

Without a KB or autorotor, and on stock(maybe wrong) m112, with such a small pulley, you have to be doing WI or some funny gas.

Just a guess smile.gif

Why not invest some of the money for your future instead of bowing it ALL on a car?

Think ahead for once, not in the NOW. ;)

I wish I did things differently when I was younger by investing my money some.

Everyone else will tell you what to buy or tell me to shut up but take the advice for what you will.

I'd vote for an 03/04 Cobra though used and only put a big enough DP on it to get your payments managable.

http://www.columbusracing.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=26;t=003019

Go buy this 2003 Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG Kompressor! graemlins/thumb.gif

In all seriousness still, if I had 20k in cash and wanted a newer car, I'd be looking in the 15-20k range personally. You can still get a nice, quick, newer car with that and have no debt or car payment!

Guest sixpackstang
Originally posted by GRN96WS6:

Why not invest some of the money for your future instead of bowing it ALL on a car?

Think ahead for once, not in the NOW. ;)

Saving money is so over-rated. Nowadays the interest rates on savings accounts are so low and you don't make a dime, and interest rates on loans are at all time lows. I'll be graduating college in less than a year and hopefully I'll continue working where I just got my internship but at like 3 times the pay. Also, my college is about 75% paid for through scholarships so I'm not too worried about that.

I'm going to have fun while I can and worry about pinching pennies when I'm ready to settle down and start a family.

Originally posted by sixpackstang:

Saving money is so over-rated. Nowadays the interest rates on savings accounts are so low and you don't make a dime, and interest rates on loans are at all time lows. I'll be graduating college in less than a year and hopefully I'll continue working where I just got my internship but at like 3 times the pay. Also, my college is about 75% paid for through scholarships so I'm not too worried about that.

I'm going to have fun while I can and worry about pinching pennies when I'm ready to settle down and start a family.

Yeah that is how most people get so far in debt, it's never to early to start saving. There are CD's that have descent interest rates and mutual funds that have them as well that I'd invest in. You don't have a savings account to make money that is more for emergency fundage purposes. You are free to do what you want however.

smile.gif

I would take the amount you want to spend, then invest 25% of that, and still get a really nice car. There are some very good earnings to be had if you play your investments right, and yes I am taking my own advice, even though my impatience is killing me.

What about this car? I have no clue how fast it is but it sounds like a killer price and I love these cars!

http://www.ohiovw.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17425

But I would definitely not blow 35k on a car when your still in college, why do you need that nice of a car? Shit for 20k there are TONS of badass cars out there, why pay more?

Guest Dolby109

I vote for a slightly used C5, or an 03+ Cobra!

Evo's and STi's are great cars too...so it really depends on weather you want straight line speed, or handling.

If you want both go with the Vette :D

Guest Varioram
daily driver? I would probably look into Audi's or BMW's if it will be driven in the winter. I also think a Porsche Boxster would be nice (lots of ass trust me) but wouldnt recomend it for the snow.