RUTAN TA1647545492

I was at Trails tonight and just so everyone knows my car has

9" ford

hotchkis lca's

hotchkis adj. panhard bar

spohn tq arm

air bag

Nitto 555r's

and couldn't get better than a 2.00 60ft.and my best run was 12.93(turd)! The best part was it used 1/2qt of oil to get there.

You need better tires. Nitto DR's = great sticky tires for the street, but not the most optimal tire for the track.

Try a set of Mickey Thompson Drag Radials. Everyone seems to be having really good luck w/ those. It seems to be the new DOT tire of choice (many say they hook better than ET Streets....too bad they don't make the same size DR that I have in my ET Street's or I would have to consider a pair).

I'd definately have to say MT's over BFG's. The BFG's have been around for years, and the BFG records all seem to be being broken by the fairly recently released MT DR's. Since neither will last long w/ street use (unlike the Nitto's), the BFG's are pretty much obsolete.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

I'd definately have to say MT's over BFG's. The BFG's have been around for years, and the BFG records all seem to be being broken by the fairly recently released MT DR's. Since neither will last long w/ street use (unlike the Nitto's), the BFG's are pretty much obsolete.

Bullshit. I ran ETs the last two times at the track and got the SAME traction 1.6x 60' as I did with the BFGs. On top of that, the BFGs don't make it feel like you're driving on jello.

My $.02 smile.gif

Originally posted by Mister Formula, Esq.:

Bullshit. I ran ETs the last two times at the track and got the SAME traction 1.6x 60' as I did with the BFGs. On top of that, the BFGs don't make it feel like you're driving on jello.

My $.02 smile.gif

A bias-ply tire out back and radials up front will make the rear end feel "wavy". I was also comparing ET Radials to BFG DR's. Obviously if you were pulling the same 60' on both ET Streets and BFG DR's, you either don't have anything left in the car 60' wise, didn't heat the ET Streets enough, ran too much tire pressure in them, or some other factor, as they are DEFINATELY a stickier and better launching tire than a BFG DR.