Got a Rolling 45

Sawbinder

So I pull up the intersection at Morse rd and Indianola Ave. I witness a volvo make a U turn on Morse rd and head back E/B. I follow the car and turn on my beacons and activate my sirens to pull the dummy over. He drives for a little bit to find a good place to pull over. The dick turns S/B onto N.4th St. and stops, I air the stop. As I get out of the cruiser the M/W driver and the F/W passenger bail and take off running in seperate directions. graemlins/doh.gif Im airing for back up and the helicopter shows up but they are gone. The girl ran so fast her shoes fell off, the guy lost his shoe and his hat. I got the car which was stolen only about 6 hours before and in the trunk was several car stereos, an amp, subwoofer, and tons of other stuff that they stole from people that night.

So if anybody got their stuff stolen last night its in the city property room. FYI write down all of your serial numbers for everything.

DUI on Saturday and now a rolling 45 on Sunday not a bad way to end the week.

Good job on getting those people, even though the thieves didn't get caught, people will still get their stuff back. I appreciate the job your doing. graemlins/thumb.gif

On a different note, why in the hell would you pull a u-turn? I don't, nor ever have done anything like that. But if I were to, I sure as hell wouldn't be pulling u-turns, or doing anything else that could get me pulled over. Then again, if I were to make my living being a thief, I wouldn’t do it stealing car stereos either. I guess no one ever said they were the brightest people in the world.

Originally posted by SAWBINDER:

The girl ran so fast her shoes fell off, the guy lost his shoe and his hat.

That's pretty funny.

Guest Harris92
Originally posted by copperhead:

what's a rolling 45?

I was kind of assuming it was when people bailed right when they got pulled over, but I was also wondering this myself. Can anyone enlighten us?

Edit-didnt see Ryan posted that right above me. doh

So Sawbinder, are we right? is this what you are talking about?

Originally posted by Neo:

On a different note, why in the hell would you pull a u-turn? I don't, nor ever have done anything like that. But if I were to, I sure as hell wouldn't be pulling u-turns, or doing anything else that could get me pulled over. Then again, if I were to make my living being a thief, I wouldn’t do it stealing car stereos either. I guess no one ever said they were the brightest people in the world.

That's pretty funny.

i drove for a few months in california(legal u-turns) and then straight to puerto rico(legal u-turns,or maybe just not inforced) anyway. once you get in the habit.it's kinda hard to break it. i catch myself in one fairly often.

Guest doggunracing
Originally posted by Neo:

Well, if you were driving a stolen car and other stolen items, do you think you would consciously try to follow every traffic law to a T?

Maybe if you're intelligent enough to know/remember what laws to follow if you are said person.

I don't see personally why any of this surprises anyone here. They were criminals, criminals are NOT intelligent. They tend to be rather dumb, both in conversation and in their actions. When was the last time you saw some smart guy running down the street with a TV in his arms running from the K-9 unit? You haven't, smart people either have a job and don't do crime. Or the crime they do you never hear about.

A 45 is a stolen car, a rolling 45 is when you catch them driving the car. Unfortuantly my partner was working in another precinct last night and I have not met any who could out run him, he runs the mile in soething like 5 1/2 min. Oh well I'll get them next time because we all know they will do it again.

Originally posted by Captain Chaos:

graemlins/thumb.gif You got the car back and all the stuff in the trunk

I figured that you would be pissed that you lost your shoe and hat, not to mention all the lost money from the stolen car and accessories.