Nissan Maxima's? not the new ones

Bam

I know the 00-03 maxima's put out like 222hp or so, but what about the older ones? like the 98ish or whatever bodystyle? What's the v6 in those put out? Can you get those with a stick? whadda they weigh?

[ 20. January 2005, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: BAM6I4 ]

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Maxima ('00-'03). The 00-01 Maxima had the VQ30DE 3.0L v6 engine and a 5-speed, and it was seriously quick for a midsize sedan. If you want to spend a little more dough, the 02-03 had the VQ35DE, which is the 3.5L v6 you see on the current Nissan/Infiniti vehicles...very nice engine. 00-01 has a 5-speed, while the 02-03 offers a 6 speed manual.

Great cars, very reliable, and low 14sec 1/4mi, low 6sec 0-60 times.

Ok, cool. I really like the 98ish or whatever 2 door accord coupes.

Only thing about the Maxima's, those are pretty expensive, like 15k or so, aren't they?

I'm gonna do some research on that year accord and the maxima.

Thanks

Matt

Ok, the Impreza 2.5RS are all like 12k or so, never have I seen one like around 8k or less.

The 240sx, I've got a friend that will give me one, but I've got a kid now and I want something reliable.

The accord v6, I found a 98 loaded coupe, with 117k for $5500. I checked prices and that sounds about right, its dark green, w/ black leather. I'm gonna go drive it tomorrow, but it was nice to find out its got good power, 200/195.

The GTO, I Would LOVE a GTO, but as stated above, its way out of my price range, but out of curiousity, and talking my dad out of a new stang, what can you pick a New GTO up for? And are they all powered by the same motor?

Thanks guys

You mideaswell take your friends with the KA motor. Gonna feel just as powerfull as some mad tyte v6's and be just as reliable.

The one I am selling has 114k, and still runs PERFECT. Also throwing in a rebuilt motor from my other car, there reliable. Plenty of trunk space, I am 5'9-5'11 180-190 and was laying in the trunk once, could have fit another person in it as well.

RWD more hp and probably way more torque with more trunk space then above mentioned cars...Not to mention the looks>Accord/Honda.

Ok, Great, now that we know how tall, or short, you are, lets move on, shall we? lol.

Well I checked into the 00-03 Maxima's and they are a tad rich for my blood. So what about the older ones, like late 90's? I'm not sure when the bodystyle changed, but I think my friend has one like a 98, and it's nice. Are these as fast? Do they all come with the same V6? What do they put out?