What to look for in a ported TB? - no 56k!

MrMeanGreen

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris,

I never disagreed with you on the benefits of porting. I only said stick with the stock bore in response to this.

Originally posted by Matt Sterbator:

The stock TBs are 75mm and these are ported stockers. The price difference between a ported stock and an aftermarket 80mm TB is about $300.

Originally posted by n8:

Chris,

I never disagreed with you on the benefits of porting. I only said stick with the stock bore in response to this.

Your arguement was air flow and efficeny, which I never said anything about.

I was arguing against your comment of "you don't need it, spend your money elsewhere".

I was pointing out that there are a LOT more factors in choosing a throttle body other than just the size. Anyone who understands motor and engine combinations knows this.

Originally posted by Relegate:

I was arguing against your comment of "you don't need it, spend your money elsewhere".

I was pointing out that there are a LOT more factors in choosing a throttle body other than just the size. Anyone who understands motor and engine combinations knows this.

The comment was geared toward the change in bore size. If its 300$ to go to an 83mm bore, save your money, and spend else where.

EDIT: Again, I never disagreed with you on your choice.