Columbus Motorsports Park Planned

leez

Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

So much overhead in that.

Liability Insurance alone would be killer not to mention wear on 120mph carts.

I be very surprised if they rented 120 MPH carts, I would assume it would be setup for people to bring their own shifter carts.

it's not mentioned in the article, but on the diagram, it shows a very large area reserved for "drifting events"....I

I'm not into rice...but watchin the drifts is very entertaining....specially onna figure 8 track...

"The blueprint for the park includes a drag-racing strip, go-karting courses, a slalom course, car show lot and skid pad where visitors can test a vehicle's handling.

Other plans call for a clubhouse to host corporate events, a 1950s-style diner, car wash, auto-theme pro shop, RV hook-ups, camping facilities and a midway concourse for sponsors and vendors.

Because auto racing is growing in popularity, MotorSports Park would cater to fans who could use the complex to test their driving and amateur racing skills. For instance, one of the park's courses would be dedicated to kart driving at speeds reaching 120 mph."

The dragstrip will get, by far, the most attention. I agree with the others that posted here, that they won't be renting out go karts that can do 120. It would be stupid fun though.

It would be nice if they would do a roadcourse for cars, but I can understand with that much going on, that due to space limitations the karts may be the best option.

I doth pray this becomes a reality and the drag strip is a full 1/4. Even though I doubt they'd be able to pay the insurance and safety crews that would be needed....

[ 29. July 2004, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Olds455 ]

It's happened before...believe me, I work at Fifth Third and there have been THOUSANDS of people interested in making (for example) a 3 mile asphalt course that (like Beaver Run in PA or Mid-Ohio) people could pay or rent to do some high-speed driving.

Make no mistake...this would be a TOTAL labor of love. The investors would NEVER see a dime of revenue from this facility because the margins would be paper thin.

That said, as a true car guy, I pray one day that something like this would be built; a great, 100 acre asphalt field with no speed limit smile.gif