New FD in town

Mojoe

Bimmerjoe has been retired. The BMW sold last week and will be missed. But, it was time to move on.

Now I have some Mojoe to work with and something called a turbo (Actually 2 of them). Being out last night was the first time I had seen everyone since I left in August. I hope we all get together often and have a safe summer.

Originally posted by AustinL911:

LS1's aren't that heavy. I've heard they level out the balance of those cars quite nicely.

the balance is leveled out quite nicely. The best that can be said about the LS1 swap is "it doesn't mess it up too bad". It honnestly screws it up less then a 20B swap would. Its still heavier and has mass further forward.

Joe, simple enough, pick yourself ouit a decent big single, you can be quite happy with 400-450bhp in an FD, and not sacrifice much drivability. Tune it fat, though. graemlins/thumb.gif

Which chassis?? Are you talking about the GTO, F-body, or the C5 (just considering normal American production cars here, as that motor is in other cars as well). Of course not mentioning its Iron Block cousins.

In retrospect, I'd still rather have a C5 than an LS1 FD.

So is your car plagued by both then??? smile.gif

My car was plauged by a transmission constructed of bird shit and snot. ;)

The Monaro, though some what of a pig, is a great chassis. Not sure how they launch, but I've seen them run around a few road courses and I was pretty impressed. THe GTO is like Pontiacs Thunderbird....but with more power. tongue.gif

Never been a fan of the C5 or the F body. I dont like live axles, and the C5 has the engine mounted in the wrong place. The vette's are good for burnouts, though.