So, who's been out to trails this year?

excell

Did they REALLY re-do the whole track? Is it run by people that KNOW how to prep a track and is there a prayer of getting traction?

Please no "my friend said" or "I heard." I really only want opinions of people who have actually been out there. Especially you big tire cars that need glue.

Private day coming up in June and I want to know if it's going to be worth dragging the car out.

TIA smile.gif

I've just been watching from the side lines right now. But my dad "said" that the dip in the left lane is gone now, and it seems good. He's runnin big tires and 9.50's, but I have no experience myself.

Yea its alot better than it was, i donno about the people working, but the track is alot less bumpy and i get better traction all the way down the track just not in the dead center of the groove

BTW passes i made were in the Camaro its alot easyer drive than it used to be

Originally posted by Nazi Administrator:

I know, it's FWD. :(graemlins/nonono.gif

Nothing to do with that my man.

The problems were out further in the track, not really the launch pad.

I have raced there this year, hooks like always, good.

Now if they could just get rid of all the ricers...

Originally posted by kenny:

Nothing to do with that my man.

The problems were out further in the track, not really the launch pad.

I have raced there this year, hooks like always, good.

Now if they could just get rid of all the ricers...

I've never hooked there, trails sucks. I wondered if they re-did the starting line and now make an effort to run a good track...

I've never hooked there, trails sucks. I wondered if they re-did the starting line and now make an effort to run a good track...

I really believe it's all a matter of track prep... I still don't think the people there do it very well.

I don't know if they prepped the track for NMRA, but before the track was resurfaced they were cutting record 60ft times. Who knows. I'm not a fan of the track either.

:woot:

I 60'd 1.70's and 1.71's on DR's in the old car... (to compair, best @ Norwalk with same setup was 1.65)

New car pussy little 8psi launch when the track was COLD 60'd a 1.65...

I've never had any problem there, other than waiting for all the fagtastic slow cars to get out of my way.

Track prep is a matter of what event is taking place.

On open track days like Test&Tune and Wed. Grudge night the crew isn't going to put a whole lot of effort into prep because they are such small money events that deal with mainly "street" cars.

Now when Nationals and Divisionals take place track prep seems to always be great and great consideration is taken into preping it.

I was there Sunday and the track was not the greatest. It did seem better than it was last year but I think they can still improve quite a bit. My buddys Pro Stock car barely made it past the 60. The true test will be next month when NHRA preps the track. Watch the Pro Stock cars and see how many make it down the track and then we can see if there was any real improvement. And I agree that track prep is crucial. When NHRA and NMCA prep the track it is usually pretty good but on average the track sucks.

I was there today for the Chrysler Classic and saw a tube-chassis Corvette get squirrely in the far (Summit) lane, go sideways, and slam into the guardrain in front of the bleachers around the 660 mark.

Freaky. Aside from that, the track looked like new asphalt. With the wreck, they had paramedics and emergency crews out there in a hurry. Looks like they've IMPROVED Trails, if not rid it of the problems people have talked about for years.