Z06, Pfffft...Pfffft...BOOM...FIRE

Jackson1647545504

Originally posted by Tenzig:

NOS isn't for ameteurs.........

Too bad he wasn't running a NOS kit.....

Looks like he is running a TNT kit, and they are known for making some pretty nice stuff.

From what I've heard, the guy's window switch broke, so he bypassed it to run. You can get away with that and not have a problem, as it is just a safety item. Of course, when you NEED that safety item (especially on a stick car), you'll wish you had it. IIRC, the car bogged badly out of the hole, he went WOT (was using an WOT switch to activate), and basically sprayed at very low RPMS, which is BAD. It's a wet kit, and it caused puddling in the intake, had a nitrous backfire due to the low RPM's/detonation, and blew the intake apart. This damaged the fuel lines, and started a fire.

This is also why FAST incorporates blow out panels into their LS1 intakes, as the composite intakes don't take to a nitrous backfire very well.

Me personally, I never run without a window switch. If I was going the budget route on an auto AND used an activation button w/ a WOT switch, I might consider it, but even then that gets dangerous if the tranny decides not to shift and you hit the factory fuel cut.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Too bad he wasn't running a NOS kit.....

.... graemlins/wtf.gif .....too bad it was a joke, a quote from the most quotable movies ever.

I was under the impression that it was universal knowlege that wet kits on engines with complicated manifolds were bad.

Originally posted by Tenzig:

.... graemlins/wtf.gif .....too bad it was a joke, a quote from the most quotable movies ever.

I was under the impression that it was universal knowlege that wet kits on engines with complicated manifolds were bad.

I take pride in not ever watching that shitty movie.

Nothing wrong with a complicated manifold w/ a QUALITY wet kit, as long as you don't have a problem w/ puddling and get even distribution (his puddling was most likely due to low RPM in his case).

Originally posted by Volvolution:

i just dont know why he was using it on his burnout.... a Z06 has more than enough power to turn the wheels over.... :confused:

He may not have had a purge kit, so that's a good way to clear the line without one.

dude that vid is halarious!!!

First, i dont hink anyone of them had ever seen fire before.

The first guy just stands there and lets it burn for aobut 10 seconds before ever thinking about putting it out. Then he runs right up on the flame and starts hosing it down.

The second guy runs up and sprays him right in the FACE! Then the first guys runs around to the other side and hoses down the interior reall quick for some unknown reason, and then finishes up the engine bay.

Good fire team that track has graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by Volvolution:

dude that vid is halarious!!!

First, i dont hink anyone of them had ever seen fire before.

The first guy just stands there and lets it burn for aobut 10 seconds before ever thinking about putting it out. Then he runs right up on the flame and starts hosing it down.

The second guy runs up and sprays him right in the FACE! Then the first guys runs around to the other side and hoses down the interior reall quick for some unknown reason, and then finishes up the engine bay.

Good fire team that track has graemlins/thumb.gif

yep. sounds like somethign National Trails would do.. graemlins/nonono.gif