Well it sucks to be me

High Octane

During previous week I noticed some strange behavior in the Goat, for one I stalled it twice for the first time since I bought it, and some hard shifting.

Saturday I was on CR 1st Summer Cruise. While on the cruise I noticed shifting to 5th and 6th was very difficult, the synchromesh didn't want to line up the gears. By the end of the 30 mile cruise I noticed most gears didn't want to allow a down shift without double clutching or bumping the throttle, the synchromesh needed some large help. When I got home I tested the grab point on my clutch my using the emergency brake and slowly letting the clutch up from the floor. The clutch grabbed about an inch from the floor, the grab point had moved between one and two inches toward the floor.

Took the car to the dealership today.

Well it sucks to be me. The clutch on the Goat is wasteland. Dealership bitched because of excessive wear on tires. The mechanic only looked at the driver side. If he had looked at the passenger side he would have realized that I'm not doing burnout’s. I'm running the car on rally racetracks. And of course, (most turning is to the right, loading the weight on the left) on a clockwise track. Drag racing puts serious stress on the whole drive train, road racing mostly the bushings brakes and tires. Anyway they are doing me a special one time only favor and going to replace the clutch under warrantee next week. I was told it would take 3 days I hope that’s all it takes.

Um, the car is DESIGNED to handle well and MEANT to be beaten on. Take it to another dealer that doesn't bitch. GET IT OUT NOW before they black-list you. It's impossible to get a car off of a blacklist, so get it out now while you can save yourself and take it to a dealer that doesn't care.

I'm going to make a phone call this week... redface.gif

You didn't mention that you "rally raced" it to anyone at the dealership, did you? Because if you did, you're pretty much screwed, and no amount of "the car is made for it" arguements are going to help you. If you did mention it, never mention it again, and hope it slipped past them.

Guest stevil

That sucks, but they should replace it, and not just a one time favor either. They can't show commercials of a GTO doing burnouts and shit, and then bitch about your speedy driving habits, or the tires having excessive wear. WTF? That's what a warranty on a new car is all about, and they should expect these types of repairs on a performance car.

Originally posted by Keyword:

what's a warrentee?

I think it's sorta like a manatee?

Originally posted by Mr. 2:

Man that's crap. Unless you don't know how to drive a manual it shouldn't be going out already.

That’s what I thought, I know how to drive stick. I've still got my '96 Z28 with 98,000 miles and the original factory clutch. Of coarse I am on the fifth set of tires on the car but the clutch is still running strong.

[ 23. June 2004, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: High Octane ]