People bitching about spray

desperado

--> Quit your fucking bitching and run what ya' brung. If you didn't bring enough, smile when you get your ass handed to you.

Horsepower is horsepower.

Fucking crybabies. graemlins/cry.gif

good thing about spray:

you pull upp to joe blow and you say wana run em, he says sure, you race him he beats you by 1 car.

Next race you say lets run for money, hes says ok, b/c he beat you the first time he thinks he can do it again, you spray it, and rost his ass.

just something top think about

its also nice to look at someone and say, "that was all motor" where with a charger/turbo you can't do something like that. yeah you could say "I wasn't even full throttle" but whos to say you was or you wasn't

In case you dont know i have spray and i love it. its all in what you want. just my .02

I used to run a nitrous system on my old camaro, brought it well into the nines on street trim, but it was a major hassle IMO. I'm much happier with an all motor set up that will put the old big block + nitrous combination to shame. Next project will be boosted via the exaust, best bet all the way around, BIG FAT PERIOD.

Originally posted by Vinny:

That is my only bitch about bottles. But, I don't care how you make power. HP is HP. As far as "nitrous is far cheaper"... figure up initial costs of a bottle vs. a blower. Now, add $40 a fill times 2 years, and see which is REALLY cheaper.

+1,000,000

Guest hayabusa976

hey everyone,hows evryone tonight?good i hope.my 2 cents are,go for the spray much easier to deal with than anything else.thats all.going to bed now..

p.s.have efi setup for stang for sale,gt40 upper and lower,30lb hr injectrs,kn filter,mallory adj. fuel pressure regulator,everything else stock $500 or trade for good carb or intake..

Originally posted by desperado:

If you jet it to 200 to start, it's great for a while but you know that you have the jets sitting in the garage for 250 and 300.

I'm going on year 5 w/ my nitrous kit. I have never once went past my 150 shot jets (NX 62 nitrous, 35 fuel, stock fuel pressure 1000psi bottle pressure). Probably a good reason my 95k mile stock shortblock is still in good running order.

I'd personally love to go turbo. My budget says no, so I don't. That really is the bottom line; money. Sure, if you add up all the times I've re-filled, I might have spent enough to have gotten a turbo kit by now. Mind you I could never have ran the times I have ran safely w/ my stock shortblock and boost; isn't gonna happen. Nitrous was my less expensive way to go quicker. When I can afford a single turbo setup, that's what the car will be sporting.

Originally posted by JEEENKINNNS:

When I sprayed my stock engine I had the fastest car in the world.. then I had to spray a second stock engine.. well um, yeah not spraying the third.

Sorry to point this out, but this is EXACTLY what I am talking about. You had good luck with it and bad luck, and now you have turned away from it because of the bad luck. Spraying a stock motor, even with high milage can be done. You just need to do it within reason. A 4 banger with high mileage is gonna take a 50 shot or a 75 shot MAX. It ain't the spray that hoses motors, it's not using it correctly (spraying off idle and not above 3000 to 3500 RPM) or trying to get more power out of it than it will reasonably make.