got a ticket today

nismo

Well I'll be fork'n out $81.00 for failure to display two license plates, no front tag. I put on a new front bumper cover and haven't hung the plate yet which made me a easy target for the Columbus Freeway Patrol. I'm sure there was a REAL crime going on somewhere close by where he could of actually Protected and Servered. But what can ya do, I really did know better. Ya win some and ya lose some.

Sucks to hear - sorry. I'm right there with you, though. I've got a couple of tickets for no front plates, tint, etc. In all fairness, I've been let off more than I've been ticketed for those things. However, I'm probably going to have the windows re-tinted to legal limit, just to save me that extra ticket.

WOW...

im surprised to hear people getting tickets.

Over 3 years and 2 different RX-7s with no front plate. Not a single ticket for the front plate, even the multiple times ive been pulled over (mostly in the TII..thanks V1) the cop never questioned the lack of a front plate.

Originally posted by Ricochet:

I hate having the front one, but I bent mine up all jdm style to show the number only and it doesn't look too bad now.. and it's more illegal than not having one.

FIXED

I got pulled over and had done the same thing, he gave me a ticket anyways.

Glad I got the accord now, no one even sees me on the road!

I hate having the front one, but I bent mine up all jdm style to show the number only and it doesn't look too bad now.. and it's more legal than not having one.

Is it though? I would think something like that would just attract more negative attention from the popo.

I agree with all that posted there comments on this. I was told Worthington polizei LOOK for cars with no front plate / I wasn't going to put mine on the "vette" I decided I'd best because of that stupid law. I've been pulled over for the window tint, but they let me go with a warning, I don't want to change it because it looks really good. Boils down to cops generating INCOME period. Nothin more nothin less. :mad:

Originally posted by Rotarded:

Where and by whom did you get the ticket? Jason got one at lunch yesterday on southbound 270 at the Roberts Rd. exit courtesy of the State Highway Patrol.

I was driving 270w towards 70e. He seen me as he was getting on 270 off Georgesville Rd. I was going alittle over the limit, maybe 70-73. Once I seen him I set the cruise at 68mph and he followed me all the way down 270 and onto 70e and thats where he pulled me over. He looked like he was in his early to mid 20's with the oohh so common cocky ass attitide. Oh yeah it was the Columbus Freeway Patrol. Or should I just call them the Columbus Revenue Collectors. Last I checked Ohio was like the tenth largest state but Ohio writes the 3rd most traffic tickets per year. Somethings wrong here.

I went to Dublin court for a speeding/no front plate ticket, showed the bailiff it was in my front window, and it was dropped.. Here's what it looks like now

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/Ricochet16/IMG_0087.jpg

Well you can chalk that one up as being lucky,even in the window its illegal. I'm going to go to court and see if I can get a lesser fine since its fixed now. If the cops does not show will I get out of the ticket?

Pickerington has always been a haven for us, where we run rampet, Blue/Red lights under cars or mounted no problems, cross into Columbus territory then your ass is grass if you have them on. Picktown doesn't typically pick on us for loud exhaust, lights, ride height, window tint, and then when we get tickets in Columbus for it for things we can't just turn off (window tint)

typically go to court and let them know our local police have never seen a problem with it. And they let us off because the laws around where we live very so much place to place, it's almost impossible to conform to everyones laws. And of course there is the doctors excuse.

If you know any doctors some of them (eye doctors) can write you a note saying your windows need to be '%' darkness in order for you to drive, it's the only safe way ... they can't ticket you for that (knew a kid who did that and never failed for him.)

Guest timmybgood

i got nailed too last spring. so now it resides on the passenger side so my front mount gets undisturbed flow, check my sig pic

my buddy just got this awesome license plate holder from japan. it mounts in the middle and has the plate at a slight angle...then at about 45mph the spring loaded hinges give way and the plate folds up backwards. its amazing...and its all stainless and tig'd, its a piece of art

edit: just realized you can't really see my plate

I was downtown paying a speeding ticket, when I came back outside the f'n meter bitch gave me a failure to display ticket. Its just a revenue builder for the city much like other bs laws they enforce.

Go here, dont know if it will help in the long run but it only takes a second to sign.

http://www.petitiononline.com/ohplate/petition.html

I was pondering earlier this week how fucked up the legal system is in Ohio for tickets. Basically you are proven guilty by accepting the ticket from the assigning officer, and from that point on you are expected to prove your innocence, not the state to prove your guilt. I'm just mad because I got a second ticket unjustly but I have to suck it up and get a lesser offense so I can keep my job.

As for front plates...My dad got stopped in his 530i for having his (real) German plate on the front, but his M3 (would call more attention?) has never gotten stopped for no front plate.