Long Street Bike Night

Guest Crucial Conflict

Guest Tigress01
Originally posted by Got-Busa?:

What did you guys put down HP/TQ???

How many miles on the bike and any mods???

I'm thinking about getting one too.

Guest 420GSXR1000

mine...gsxr 1000 2004, 9000 miles, needs plugs BAD, half yoshi system, power commander, 143 HP forgot the tq, i was disappointed enuff by that

a busa pushed 180 i believe...and i wont mention names ....but there was a 2005 gsxr 1000 with only a pipe, no power commander, low miles pushed 157 hp..i knew i should have waited, but f it

tigress.....for you i would suggest starting with a 600 or smaller if its your first bike...

laters

Not bad for a 04 GSXR 1k! graemlins/thumb.gif

Are these SAE or STD #'s and what kind of a dyno?

What exactly is a half Yoshi system? Do you mean slip on? Did you have spray on it at one time? Just wondering why it needs plugs with only 9,000 miles? graemlins/wtf.gif

Who's 05? Putty? Not bad but I figured it would be more with an aftermarket pipe!?!? That's about what the Busa put down stock....hmm...? Was anyone else reporting low numbers or is it just a stingy dyno?

Still curious about the TORQUE? graemlins/nod.gif

Guest Crucial Conflict
420GSXR you need a map+tuning, get that curve smoothed out! what oil you run in that 04.. I usually swap my plugs every 2500-3000, it's more a habit than anything else.. I put down 154hp baseline out at MSP and after a custom map 149hp with super smooooooth curve..

Guest Crucial Conflict

You should have seen the curve before it was "re-mapped", it was all over the place. Before that it had a downloaded map, with some push button changes.

I could toss in some oxygenated fuel and push 160's, make a gear change for some more peak power! And add a few stickers, ya know those are worth 5hp a piece!

Not bad for a 04 GSXR 1k! graemlins/thumb.gif

Are these SAE or STD #'s and what kind of a dyno?

What exactly is a half Yoshi system? Do you mean slip on? Did you have spray on it at one time? Just wondering why it needs plugs with only 9,000 miles? graemlins/wtf.gif

Who's 05? Putty? Not bad but I figured it would be more with an aftermarket pipe!?!? That's about what the Busa put down stock....hmm...? Was anyone else reporting low numbers or is it just a stingy dyno?

Still curious about the TORQUE? graemlins/nod.gif

Yes, it was my '05. How you figure 158 is low? All I have is a slip-on..We can put my low numbers against that Busa, if you're up to it.

Originally posted by Olds4EveR:

Hey David I have some stickers that will add 5hp a piece easy! ha ha Then you'll show that cadillac-busa whats up! ha

I've already added some HP stickers to the tail section..Hell, that Busa wants none of the thou.

Guest Crucial Conflict

ha ha ha, slam some oxy fuel up in it and tear that dyno up this Thursday, we have the hook on it, let me know if you want any! 158 is killer for a bike with NO pc and just a slip...

I seen a ZX10R with a PC(mapped) and Slip and only threw down 149 at the dyno shootout at MSP. And I thought those ZX10's were spouse to have the highest HP off the showroom, who knows fuck those heavy bitches.....

Originally posted by David Putty:

Yes, it was my '05. How you figure 158 is low? All I have is a slip-on..We can put my low numbers against that Busa, if you're up to it.

Easy bud....from the post above he said you have a pipe. In my mind, that's a full system! If it's just a slip-on no big deal. Just wondering what other mods it had if any?

Now comparing dyno numbers is pointless but whatever....floats your boat. I think I got you covered though SAE "stock"! ;)

But hey if you want to tangle that's fine. I haven't raced a 05 yet. Then again, I just have a heavy ass Cadillac-busa.

I think all those stickers I added might have helped a little! graemlins/lol.gif

Originally posted by Olds4EveR:

ha ha ha, slam some oxy fuel up in it and tear that dyno up this Thursday, we have the hook on it, let me know if you want any! 158 is killer for a bike with NO pc and just a slip...

I seen a ZX10R with a PC(mapped) and Slip and only threw down 149 at the dyno shootout at MSP. And I thought those ZX10's were spouse to have the highest HP off the showroom, who knows fuck those heavy bitches.....

Dyno #'s aren't everything people make them out to be. I have seen too many bikes slapped around on the street with nice dyno #'s.

I'm talking about PUMP GAS, oxy fuel is another ball game! graemlins/jerkit.gif

Busa dont skeer me.

Bet Putty rolls it from an acceleration standpoint, but not up top past 160s, but who cares about 160s when your on a twisty made bike anyways :D

I wouldnt mind a busa for a daily rider though, I bet they are comfy as hell! I have nothing against them really smile.gif

Guest Crucial Conflict
Thats the truth, every dyno's different, and it depends on the rider when your racing.. You could put a douch bag on a 180hp busa, and smack him up on 108hp 600 and thats the truth I seen it happen.

Originally posted by DragKnee66:

Busa dont skeer me.

Bet Putty rolls it from an acceleration standpoint, but not up top past 160s, but who cares about 160s when your on a twisty made bike anyways :D

I wouldnt mind a busa for a daily rider though, I bet they are comfy as hell! I have nothing against them really smile.gif

I guess we'll never know unless we role'em. graemlins/nod.gif

Why all the Busa hatred on here? graemlins/wtf.gif

The Busa fits my needs. Decent power, better TORQUE, good 2-up, and everything in between.

You can't really use much more handling on the street anyway. If you are riding that radical all the time, you aren't going to live long! graemlins/nonono.gif

Easy bud....from the post above he said you have a pipe. In my mind, that's a full system! If it's just a slip-on no big deal. Just wondering what other mods it had if any?

Now comparing dyno numbers is pointless but whatever....floats your boat. I think I got you covered though SAE "stock"! ;)

But hey if you want to tangle that's fine. I haven't raced a 05 yet. Then again, I just have a heavy ass Cadillac-busa.

I think all those stickers I added might have helped a little! graemlins/lol.gif

Nope, just a slip-on..I don't go by dyno numbers either nor magazine articles. All the names my K5 has taken thus far does not include a Busa, but i'd be happy to do that. When will you be here? If your Busa pulled 150/60s stock, I'd be willing to give you two bikes in a roll. graemlins/burnout02.gif

Originally posted by David Putty:

QUOTE]Nope, just a slip-on..I don't go by dyno numbers either nor magazine articles. All the names my K5 has taken thus far does not include a Busa, but i'd be happy to do that. When will you be here? If your Busa pulled 150/60s stock, I'd be willing to give you two bikes in a roll. graemlins/burnout02.gif

I wish I could get together this weekend but I can't. I won't be available in C-bus for racing until mid July at the earliest. I have work and then I get married and leave on the honeymoon. graemlins/leghump.gif

I'll take the 2-bikes and the role....j/k...I am not stock anymore! graemlins/burnout02.gif

I'd rather run you straight up and see what they really run like. I just want a base line....no oxy fuel or other tricks! Unless you plan to SPRAY?

[ 15. June 2005, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Got-Busa? ]

I wish I could get together this weekend but I can't. I won't be available in C-bus for racing until mid July at the earliest. I have work and then I get married and leave on the honeymoon. graemlins/leghump.gif

I'll take the 2-bikes and the role but I am not stock anymore! graemlins/burnout02.gif

I'd rather run you straight up and see what they really run like. I just want a base line....no oxy fuel or other tricks! Unless you plan to SPRAY?

Man, I don't even know where to buy race gas. I also don't do engine mods. All you see is all I have done and going to do. I'm on this board all the time, plus all the car racers know how to reach me. Just let me know when you make it down. We have a nice piped 12r, that'll play, too.