Pulled my First Stoppie

Crash1647545504

To bad it was because a car turned infront of me.

Cruising down Stygler Rd, Gahanna, at about 30mph, The truck infont of me turned into the center turn lane, as a civic comming the opposite direction, turned into that same turnlane lane. The truck blocked the civic drivers veiw of me. Being my first day out I'v been pretty carfull and I had the front brake covered.

As I passed the nose end of the truck the Civic driver failed to yeild to a left turn accross trafic. I sqeezed the brake with only about 5-7 ft of room to stop before hitting the car. I had no place to go with a curb to my right and an F-150 to my left, I squeezed both brakes a little harder, my rear tire lifted up as the car hit me.

I bailed of the bike as we colided. My bike fell into the curb as I rolled over the curb and into the grass. I was very luckey and was not injured. My bike suffered a minor scratch to the left side of the front fearing, and the brakcet that holds the shifter into place snapped off.

Drives behind me decided to ignore the incedent and drive around my bike. The civic driver stoped, hoped out speeking god knows what language, and proceeded to spectate as I lift my self, and the bike up off the ground.

Nearby home owners came to help me out as I called the police. A GREAT end to a first day of riding graemlins/nonono.gif It will be thursday till I can ride again, I have to wait for a new bracket from Clasic's on morse.

P.S. Tankyou Anthony and Adam for coming to pick up me and my bike, and thankyou whoever lended Anthony the truck. I'll repay you by letting you all win the first race at Trails tongue.gif And Thankyou Jon and Alley for being concerned and driving me to bike stores smile.gif

Originally posted by Street Pilot:

Hopefully his insurance treats you nicely and you walk away with a bit of cash. smile.gif

Speeking of people that wont return my calls!

I'm having trouble dealing with safe auto. Everytime I get in touch with a rep, I'm put on hold... Today i was left on hold for 30 minutes after I gave my info and the story.

that blows ben. luckily i havent had any close calls like that. only things that have been close would be me first dragging a knee, running a lil hot into some corners, and target fixation is the suxor. keep that rubber side down my man and be safe.

Ive heard of so many accidents from people pulling into traffic just because they cant see into another lane, "if i cant see it, it must be clear!! IM a fucktard!!"

Glad you're ok, but dont let that stop you from riding tongue.gif