What bike to buy?

ChevyMan1972

Cols racing,

I have always wanted a nice street bike, and have some exp. riding, what would be a good platform to buy from?

Im interested in something kind of fast, sleek and nice to ride. Does anyone think that these choices are any good? I am 6 foot 2 about 255lbs so im thinking a 600 would be to small?

1. 1995-2005 Honda VFR 750-800.

2. Suzuki TL1000R (becuase I like the sound and tourque).

3. Triumph Daytona 995i.

4. Honda Superhawk 1000.

5. Yamaha R1 about 2000-2002.

Im trying not to spend over 10k on this bike and also from time to time put my GF. on the back.

Any input or advice on these bikes, for me I would love to hear everyone's comments!

Thanks,

Daniel Weaver

Are you guys kidding....?

He's 255lbs. and wants to ride with a passenger. 600's and liter bikes are out unless you only plan on riding about 20-miles at a time. I would rather be comfortable than look cool on the latest and greatest thing.

1, 3, and 4 are good choices but you might want something with better torque for your weight and potential passenger.

I would look at a CBR1100XX, ZZR-1200, FJR1300, or something along those lines. You might get away with a liter bike but you are going to feel cramped.

Stay away from the TL1000R they suck and you will hate it. The R1 would be a fun bike but you might feel like your on a moped with how small it is like other liter bikes.

The ZX-9R might be perfect for you but I would def go sit on one and see if you can ride it to test the comfort. Depending on your build, it could be perfect or just a tad uncomfortable.

The ZZR-1200 would be a great bike for you. It's comfortable enough to take on long rides and has plenty of torque for a guy your size. I have a Triumph Sprint ST 955 and I love it. The bike has good torque and handles great.

if you want sportbike, the RC51 is nice, has the displacement and the vtwin torque you'd want, but i'm not sure on the comfort. i'd say go with a SV1000. V-twin, comfy, liter bike and not too cramped, plus the clip ons and rearsets arent as aggressive as the ss bikes.

Well I have looked at a couple bikes this weekend and from what I think so far the Honda VFR 800 seems to be the way to go! Its a sweet ride, single swingarm the power from the looks, so far is what im lookin for, plus when I sat on it....it felt like a cruzer for sure. So thanks for everyones input ;)

Dan

Originally posted by Got-Busa?:

SV-1000 would be a great bike, I forgot about that. It's pretty much the bandit replacement so it is a lot more refined IMO.

+1. If I were able to afford a second bike, this would probably be it.

You might look at the Zx-12R as well.