Any Rat Bike riders out there?

Guest Zyklon

Guest Zyklon

Just curious if'n there are any rat bikers around the columbus area,. I moved to ohio alittle more than a year ago and haven't found any luck finding anybody intersted in the building, racing or a general hobbyist interested in ratbikes.

-Zyklon graemlins/thumb.gif

Guest Zyklon

Well, Personally for me, its mostly the satisfaction of being able to build something decent out of nothing. I.E duct tape and zip ties. Then comes the matter of apperance, in which case as far as rat bikes go are usually compared to moving junkyards. Its a matter of taste and what the builder/rider enjoys.

-Zyklon

Guest Zyklon

Yea, I get some in tommarrow, They're on my computer at home and I ain't got the net currently so I have to use the computers at the library for net.

-Zyklon

Guest Zyklon
I'm not exactly positive what mine is but I'm pretty sure it used to be a Suzuki Rm250, it was a heap when I bought it. But I got it running again. fixed some leaky seals on the carb with some electrical tape, the front forks were bent to help and needed to be replaced. The fuel tank a a huge crack in it, so I replaced the tank with one off what I think was a dr250. I haven't gotten to completly rat it out yet but I'm on the way there.

Guest Zyklon
The best part though was when I fixed the ignition coil which had split. I fixed it up with some tape and kit, but to keep water away from it, I cut the top off an empty redbull can and slide it on there and taped her up, insulates great and looks pretty good.

mine arent exactly rat bikes, but nonetheless cheapos. i have a 72 honda 350 and a 77 honda 750, along with a 73 450 that is the parts doner. they have been sitting for about 4 years since i have been doing cars, but they should get on the road this summer or next.

btw, i have a total af $125 in the 3 bikes