Whos using what EGT gauge

fush

Guest mudbutt

VDO is a very accurate, affordable, and clean looking gauge. The VDO thermocouple, however sucks. Id suggest an isspro or automeater probe. I dont like most automeater gauses due to the bezel lighting, hard as hell to see. Through dial is where it's at.

Originally posted by kenny:

Worthless.

Run a wideband.

graemlins/fruit.gif

Wide bands are a great thing...

But how the fuck does a wideband tell you manifold temps?

graemlins/slap.gif

Originally posted by kenny:

Worthless.

Run a wideband.

graemlins/fruit.gif

Wideband and egt gauges work together for tuning. a wideband may be a better one shot deal but leaving it plugged in and running all the time may not be an option.

Originally posted by fush:

Wideband and egt gauges work together for tuning. a wideband may be a better one shot deal but leaving it plugged in and running all the time may not be an option.

I would rather tune the car off it once and take it out of the car rather than tune the car off EGT.

Why wouldn't you be able to leave it in the car at all times?

In my situation the cost of the setup was split between another person and myself. So this negates my ability to be able to leave it in the car at all times.

I have now come across a nice egt monitor which can be removed from the car thanks to one of the other memebers on here and I think I am going to go for one of those. Less gauges and less clutter = good.