need more bottom end power

Guest SmOkEn Z28

Guest SmOkEn Z28
i put bbk shorty headers on my 95 z28 and it seems like i lost some bottom end power. i was just wondering if any one had any ideas to get it back. i was thinking about gears but i dont know how hard it would be to put them in or how much it would cost to put them in. get back at me and let me know what u think.

Originally posted by SmOkEn Z28:

i put bbk shorty headers on my 95 z28 and it seems like i lost some bottom end power. i was just wondering if any one had any ideas to get it back. i was thinking about gears but i dont know how hard it would be to put them in or how much it would cost to put them in. get back at me and let me know what u think.

dont you mean fowler, benji, eden, and you put ur headers on.... smile.gif jus playin around wit cha

I wouldn't think you lost that much low end w/ headers. Besides I'm sure it gained top end. These are 1 5/8 headers? Gears would help but I'm not a fan of gears in stock 4th gen rear ends. They are weak enough w/out fiddling with the gears. I've noticed people who change gears tend to break rear ends much quicker. If you are 6 speed then the 3.42 gear is a pretty good ratio from the factory..

What are you looking to do to your car? And how much are you willing to spend?

Guest SmOkEn Z28
well my next step is wheels. i found 5 star chomes brand new for 400$. after i get them, i just want more parts for my motor or anything to get me going faster.

I've never heard of headers killing bottom end power. Well, I'll agree, putting gears in on stock rears is not exactly the smartest move in the world. (I did it on mine, but it's not my daily driver) What all have you done to your car? Also, I have some factory Z28 5 starts with rubber on them that you might be interested in. They are not chrome, but look quite nice when cleaned up.

Originally posted by Im Josh:

my bro said engine mounts will probably help w/ bottom end.

LOL..

Originally posted by SmOkEn Z28:

well my next step is wheels. i found 5 star chomes brand new for 400$. after i get them, i just want more parts for my motor or anything to get me going faster.

Well you need to figure out how much $$ you want to spend and what you are wanting out of the car.

Guest SmOkEn Z28
well i was wanting more horse power and i'm not sure yet on how much money i'm wanting to spend. i looked in jegs mag today and i'm thinking about ripper shifter and underdrive pulleys