ferrari's new camshaft design?

Brandon

how about the electromagnetic camshafts they were talking about in Formula 1, that were supposed to add another 10,000 rpm to the engines' rev range... :eek:

i'm not sure how much i like this stuff though. cams are already expensive for my car... i imagine stuff like this would push the price through the roof... would be interesting though.

Originally posted by PIMPtrigue (aka Shaft):

Just wait till they get rid of the cam altogether and acutate the valves electronically. Tuning possibilities are endless.....

yeah i cant wait until cars dont depend on gas, and by the way its comeing sooner than we think.

Guest Ranger_Man
Originally posted by B dubs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by PIMPtrigue (aka Shaft):

Just wait till they get rid of the cam altogether and acutate the valves electronically. Tuning possibilities are endless.....

yeah i cant wait until cars dont depend on gas, and by the way its comeing sooner than we think.</font>no its not. not until the day after all oil on this planet is gone will we ever switch to an efficient fuel. there are just too many damn powerful oil barons whoring it all up. the technology is there now. bmw has a couple of 7 series running on hydrogen. its very stable and only produces water and o2. if we really wanted to we could easily switch, but nope we havent yet cause them oil shit heads (bush loser)

al this technology... put some damn displacement under it and we would have some whoop ass engines around (dream with me for a minute.....) 426 hemi, electronic valve timing, turbos, direct fuel injection. hmmm, i can only dream of having the money to make it happen though

Originally posted by B dubs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by PIMPtrigue (aka Shaft):

yeah i cant wait until cars dont depend on gas, and by the way its comeing sooner than we think.</font>Its rumored to be on the next Z06 motor, thats the only reason I brought it up.

Originally posted by Blackbird:

electric = pipe dream, the way they are now, they're not marketable. Natural gas though, I'm all about that. Anyone remebert he super stalion? over 1000 hp on an LPG fed V10

I thought the Super Stallion was a S/C'd V8 that ran on Ethanol

Super Stallion was designed to run on Ethanol or Gasoline or any mixture of the two. I wish they (Gov and Fuel Co’s) would get off their collective asses and bring E85 to this state. I would be more than happy to replum and retune the Camaro’s engine for it. A 10%-15% hp boost just for running E85 over gas.

Originally posted by controler:

Hrm, ferrari's system doesn't seem that technologically advanced. BMW's system (Vanos I think is what its called) is suppose to revolutionize varable cam timing and control. I don't know when it was due out but it might already be in the M3 motor.

i was just gonna say that you bastage. but yeah we read about that in scc and they basically explained it as infinitely variable.

kyle g.

Originally posted by PIMPtrigue (aka Shaft):

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by B dubs:

yeah i cant wait until cars dont depend on gas, and by the way its comeing sooner than we think.</font>Its rumored to be on the next Z06 motor, thats the only reason I brought it up.</font>i gathered that tongue.gif

Originally posted by controler:

Hrm, ferrari's system doesn't seem that technologically advanced. BMW's system (Vanos I think is what its called) is suppose to revolutionize varable cam timing and control. I don't know when it was due out but it might already be in the M3 motor.

VANOS has been in use for a few years already.

Originally posted by recklessOP:

how about the electromagnetic camshafts they were talking about in Formula 1, that were supposed to add another 10,000 rpm to the engines' rev range... :eek:

From all accounts those are still a few years away. Right now they add too much weight to the engine.