What needs to be done to the saturn

Moostang

okay this is what saturn north gave me as a diagnosis if anybody could do all these for cheaper i would love it.

Replace leaking valve cover gasket-$183

Replace corroded coils and corroded/oiled wires-$380

Replace worn plugs-$57

Replace seperated lower trans. mount-$130

Replace weak battery-$98

Replace loose right rear wheel bearing-$254

pm me or email me at holdenndarye@yahoo.com, thanks

Zac

Originally posted by Tru Dat:

okay this is what saturn north gave me as a diagnosis if anybody could do all these for cheaper i would love it.

Replace leaking valve cover gasket-$183

Replace corroded coils and corroded/oiled wires-$380

Replace worn plugs-$57

Replace seperated lower trans. mount-$130

Replace weak battery-$98

Replace loose right rear wheel bearing-$254

pm me or email me at holdenndarye@yahoo.com, thanks

Zac

most of that you could most likely do yourself, the rear wheel bearing and trans. mount might be the only ones that you might need someone else to do

Originally posted by Saint:

most of that you could most likely do yourself, the rear wheel bearing and trans. mount might be the only ones that you might need someone else to do

i really dont know much about engine work though

Guest nevarmore

stop being afraid of your car, go to autozone buy a chiltons or haynes manual for your car and do it.

the battery is probably a coupla nuts on the hold down and 2 post clamps that you have to remove and replace, the valve cover gasket is about a half dozen bolts and youll get a peek at what your rocker arms look like, wires are all time you just have to put em back in the right order.

damn! I could do all that for half the estimated price and still make good money. if you can hold off till its a little warmer I'll show you how to do it. don't let your car intimidate you. its not rocket science just nuts and bolts. get a service book. its easy after that if you have acces to tools. you've got maybe 200-250 dollars in parts there if you buy all gm stuff the rest is that 50 dollar an hour dealership labor rate.

Originally posted by On the Ground:

damn! I could do all that for half the estimated price and still make good money. if you can hold off till its a little warmer I'll show you how to do it. don't let your car intimidate you. its not rocket science just nuts and bolts. get a service book. its easy after that if you have acces to tools. you've got maybe 200-250 dollars in parts there if you buy all gm stuff the rest is that 50 dollar an hour dealership labor rate.

i could probably wait 2 to 3 weeks

What it sounds like to me is that your car is poopin out on you. Here is what I would do to aleviate some of these problems. First go find a sucker, then convince him how great it would be to own your car then simply sell it to him. Go to the paper and find a real car which then eventually you might end up with a fast car. graemlins/gives.gif

Mike (Rotarded on the board) works at a Saturn dealer on the south side. He's a straight up guy and can tell you how badly they're trying to screw you.

From the looks of that price sheet, I'm guessing the guy had a tube of K-Y in his hands when you came in...