Put in larger injectors, now its not working

ShoMeSomeFun

Sorry this is kinda of long

Alright i have an 88 Ranger gt with a 2.9l V6. The motor is rebuilt with 125OO miles on it. It ran perfect. Now I installed larger injectors from a 99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor, and now when i drive it real hard it bogs when I hit about 4OOO rpms, but i have good low-end power. I tried adjusting the timing, but no luck. When the truck is warm it runs fine at low idle with an occasional small back fire, but on cold start ups, it misses like crazy. I've tried switching the last two injectors b/c those two the labels came off, but the problem still exists.

It sounds like your running too rich, or extremly lean. Well either way the new injectors are most likely different (whether they are low impedence and your car requires high impedence or vise-versa). I suggest you either install the old ones, or go get some new ones from an auto parts store.

They are different, I put them in there for when I install my turbo so I dont have a lean a out problem, but my pipes arent coming back for a couple of weeks and I still need to get my intercooler, and 4.0 V6 radiator, so i still have to drive this one, my other car is getting painted so im stuck to the ranger, Im running rich, I tried tuning it to lean it out but no success, Any suggetions

the 19# injectors from the vic are larger? wow.

You need to have the car tuned, or get a air meter from a place like pro-m that is calibrated for the correct injectors.

Originally posted by rl:

the 19# injectors from the vic are larger? wow.

You need to have the car tuned, or get a air meter from a place like pro-m that is calibrated for the correct injectors.

what he said... tongue.gif

if you don't recalibrate the mass air meter for the bigger injectors, it's going to run rich at WOT...

at part throttle, i'm assuming the ECU would go into closed loop and compensate somewhat for the bigger injectors...

a correctly calibrated mass air meter or a piggy back fuel computer would do the trick...