Brand new factory paint?

Trouble Maker

I remember in the thread about Kennys paint (yeah that one), someone was saying something about it hasn't been buffed out yet.

My dad just got a new car and the paint is slightly orange peeled (the little indentations). You have to look pretty hard at an angle to see it, don't notice it straight on at all. The clear coat looks really good, overall a very good factory paint job, I think.

I was wondering if there's anything you can (are supposed) to do to new paint jobs, wether factory or from a paint shop, to make them look better/ last longer (other than the obvious of waxing, washing, etc.)?

Whoops, I think I had just posted in the pic's section, then though I was in the tech section, brain fart.

Cool, thanks Mark. I thought there was something like that you could do, I'll have to say something to him. He wasn't so much as complaining about it as he was stating how the paint on vechiles overseas is so much better than ours (probably fit and finish overall too). I know when the vechiles going to Japan come across the factory lines at Honda over in Marysville the line foremans walk along with the car making sure everthing is done perfect.

On a side note I've seen the worst orange peel I've ever seen on an M5 siting in MAG's show room, pretty sad.