93 Honda civic... need help

Guest rugbyracing

Guest rugbyracing
I was givin a 93 honda civic lx for my birth day i was wondering what modifications i can do to make it a not so piece of shit.... just got a new paint job so it looks beter... :confused:

YES!!!!!!!!! Do an engine swap. If you ask me go with the b16 for that style. And if you want more info on it look in Sport Compact Car from April 20002. They do an engine swap into that gen Civic. And the 2-3 months before that they run a b-series parts guide, top and bottom end.

Guest extheflow
with a b16 look for about 140 to 150 at the wheels with bolt ons, a b18 will get you about 160 with the same mods.b16 or b18 with turbo makes a nice combo. smile.gif the swap is a direct fit so if you have some tools and basic shop aptitude you can do it yourself.

ok..i dont wanna bash anyone..but here is what you SHOULD do..... goto www.jdmclub.org i think thats its..or try .com....anyhow...or www.jdmhondaparts.com shop for prices...and if yu decide to buy..they ship EVERYTHING to your door step....the motor...ecu..motor mounts...wiring harnesses...axles...tranny...hoses..and pretty much all you need...if you need help you can ask brian..from xpracing..he has a hybrid b16 civic hatch......he knows allllll about it.....http://www.xpracing.com or his AIM is OOCIV good luck bro...im stil saving for either turbo or the h22 swap for my accord

-peace

Guest extheflow
If you swap in the b16a you need to get

1) one with a hydro tranny

2). special motor mounts (preferably Hasport, they're the best)

3). a wiring harness

4). ECU

5). b16 axles

I think that's all you need.

i don't think you need the mounts on the 93, my B18 dropped right in my 93. when mine was done there was a clip available and aside from a piece of wire for the vtec control. everything from the swap was taken from the clip.

Yeah I think you mught be right about it just dropping in. I don't know too much about the 92-95 engine swaps. I was just going off of what I know, the 88-91 Civic. He would have to make sure he got one with the hydro clutch to make thie swap a whole lot easier also. As for Accordfanatic recomending going to jdmhondaparts.com I've heard too many people getting srewed over by them. Go to http://hybrid.honda-perf.org/ they cover alot of info on swaps. And once again get the engine from www.importautosalvage.com