next big time ride...

natedogg624

what kind of ride/when to ride.  

40 members have voted

1. 1. what kind of ride/when to ride.

• same route (maybe a slight variation)
    • completely different route (put your idea out there)
    • June 29
    • July 6
    • July 13
    • another day (post up the date)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that was definatley a good ride today guys. I am still impressed that Jarvis kept it up over that rough terrain. Today was a nice day to cruise and not push the bikes too hard. For a minute, I thought we were all going to be snacking on deer meat for the next few days when those two fawns were at the edge of the road.

you know, when I was sitting here thinking about how my first impression would go, this really wasn't it....

At least I'll be remembered for something my first time out,

Yeah that was definatley a good ride today guys. I am still impressed that Jarvis kept it up over that rough terrain. Today was a nice day to cruise and not push the bikes too hard. For a minute, I thought we were all going to be snacking on deer meat for the next few days when those two fawns were at the edge of the road.

Yea, those deer were right up next to the road, I'm glad they decided to turn around and head back instead of just giving it a try. I think they had second thoughts at the sight of that new 1000RR. Fusion, that thing is a mean piece of work.

Also, it should be noted that the ride was an all Honda run, which is always the best way to do things. :D

you know, when I was sitting here thinking about how my first impression would go, this really wasn't it....

At least I'll be remembered for something my first time out,

Also, it should be noted that the ride was an all Honda run, which is always the best way to do things. :D

At least you wont be remebmered for something bad. You did a good job handling your bike

I agree that all Honda is the best way to do it. I was suprised it was an all Honda ride.:honda:

hey guys! sorry i didnt come out.. with everyone being iffy, i decided to go down to cbus for their ride! im beat.. its been a long day

did something happen today on the ride? hope everyone is ok! see you boys soon

sounds like deers? idk confusing someone overshoot a turn lol i almost did on the nky ride which was a blast i recommend being well rested and alert for the nky next sunday its a good long! ride..

..yea i did that today on the cbus ride.. one min. my toes are touchin, next thing im goin through the grass..but i didnt go down, it went back on the road.

i rode 315 miles today.. i think i can handle nky lol

I was following jarvis he second guessed himself right at the apex of the corner and ended up hitting the ditch and cruising through the grass at a very good pace for about 50-100 feet. It couldve been real bad.

did that same thing in cbus on one of my afternoon rides. it was wet and there was a surprise gravel patch in the apex. couldn't do that well of evasive maneuvering because my rear tread was uber low, just coasted it through i would say a good 250-300 feet until i could stop on a driveway. i could have sworn i was going to go down at least twice.

if your offroading on a sportbike chances are the best thing to do is to just let it work itself out, meaning dont brake gas or steer and you'll be Aok lol

its probably best not to offroad in the first place.

the best thing to do is to just let it work itself out, meaning dont brake gas or steer

aint that the truth!! i didnt do any of that and somehow i got back on the road..lol. and i was waitin and ready to go down.

Before I fix it, I'll have to take a picture of the license plate for everyone that didn't get to see it in person.

The bike hit the rut so hard, it compressed the rear suspension all the way, enough to make my hugger hit (and bend) my license plate that's mounted under my tail section. For a rider that weighs 125 on a suspension that already has too little preload, that was a lot of force.

Next time we bring cameras. I at least want to be able to enjoy my stupidity in the third person next time. :rolleyes:

If you wouldnt have ditched us Dayton folk, Ninja Chick, you might not have had that close call...just giving you a hard time

well brad, if you didnt leave me hangin i wouldnt have! :p

i had a feeling with everyone bein "maybes" it was only gonna be me and f4isvt.

besides, i prob would have had that close call, cuz i push myself.

but i do feel alot better on corners, and im ready for our next dayton ride

..yea i did that today on the cbus ride.. one min. my toes are touchin, next thing im goin through the grass..but i didnt go down, it went back on the road.

i rode 315 miles today.. i think i can handle nky lol

it's very cool that u had this close call, and still pushed urself for the rest of the ride!! I was definitely impressed. :)

Yeah I didnt decide till like 12:30am right before I went to bed that I was goin to ride the next morning..it was last minute but I knew someone would show up

u better be there this time danielle no more "i had to paint my nails and fix my hair and get all pretty then i looked up and it was already 9" lol jk

haha that is soo not me!!

i dont do my nails.. i get them done! :p ....but thats been a long time.