looking for motorcycle...

Casper

Yes ladies and gentlemen, Ben is going to buy a bike. As TRex said last night, "you on a bike is fucking scary". But, it has come to this.

I'm looking for something 600 or larger, 95 and up, and between $2000 - 4000. I've been looking at bikes such as the Yamaha R6, Suzuki GSXR-600, Honda CBR 600 F4i, etc. If you guys see anything, let me know. I'm looking to buy something here in the next week or two.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Wease:

How about this? smile.gif

Uhm, the guy didn't even know it was posted for sale anywhere. He does want to get rid of it, but it wouldn't start. He said he's going to take it to a mechanic to get repaired. He said he'll probably be looking at getting $1800 out of it then. Not interested. Thanks though.

Originally posted by Stillman:

How much work? Got any pictures?

This is Mallard posting on Morgan's computer. Here's a complete description. I can get some new pics of it tomorrow because I plan on pulling it out of the garage in the afternoon. I'll even include my riding jacket. I have $4200 invested in the bike and parts. Asking $3400 OBO

This is a 1994 ZX9R with a full Muzzy enhaust and a jet kit that I bought at the beginning of last summer. The bike needs some work and I was attempting to do it on my own. However, I do not have the time to complete this project. The previous owner dropped the bike, patched the faring and repainted the entire bike with a yellow spray can. I'll be honest, this paint job sucks. I did not like the way it looked so I started buying used bodywork with matching stock colors. (Pearl White, Purple and Green) I have a complete tail section with integrated turn signals, left faring, upper faring and gas tank all in good condition. I also have a tank bra that matchs the stock paint scheme. (Second Look I think).

I also have a second set of wheels that I stripped and started sanding/polishing. At this point the wheels have been stripped and I started sanding them down.

The buy price gets you: 94 ZX9R w/ yellow body work pictured with a Full Muzzy Exhaust and Jet Kit, Stock painted: Left Faring, Upper Faring, Tail Section, Gas Tank, Matching Second Look tank bra, Second set of wheels prepped for polishing, second set of rotors (used), and the Factory Service Manual and a color Hanes manual.

I can take more pictures this weekend. If you want to see anything specific please e-mail me at Mallard1055@hotmail.com

Condition:

When the previous owner dropped the bike he damaged the left faring and the upper faring (on the left side). He fixed these poorly but are complete. The handle bar took the brunt of the fall and the force cracked the top yoke of the triple tree. The crack is not growing so it's not in any immenent danger of breaking but I have a new/used triple clamp ready to go on. I was going to replace this when I did the fork seals, but I just don't have time.

The fork seals need to be replaced. I have all the parts needed and they are included.

The clutch is new. I just replaced it with a kevlar unit.

Second gear will not engage properly. This is a bent shift fork (a common problem on Kawasaki's) and I have not had time to deal with this problem. There are no gears grinding, it just pops out of second. When this happened I just skip shifted from 1 to 3.

The front tire is new (Bridgestone) and the rear needs to be replaced. (It's a Dunlop at the moment)

Engine runs great, and sounds great with the Muzzy!

Pictures can be found at: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288342613

Mallard: according to NADA, the low retail for that bike is $2,555 and the average retail is $3,360. It seems that this bike is in well below average condition. Sorry dude, but that just doesn't sound like a good deal. Thanks anyways.

All: still looking for a bike. I found a 2000 Triumph TT600 for $3000. Does anyone on here know much about these bikes? Everything I've found so far says that it is an awesome bike. I've also looked at a few late 90s GSXRs. Any other bikes for sale that anyone knows of????

Originally posted by Stillman:

Mallard: according to NADA, the low retail for that bike is $2,555 and the average retail is $3,360. It seems that this bike is in well below average condition. Sorry dude, but that just doesn't sound like a good deal. Thanks anyways.

#1 It's not just the bike, There are extra parts included.

#2 thats why it says OBO