Possibly looking for a 91-93 talon tsi awd

civicboy375

I have been tossing around the idea of getting rid of my daily driver (95 honda civic) and getting a 91-93 talon tsi awd. I've always loved those cars, although I do have a limited price range. If anyone has any idea where I could find one, preferrably the turbo in good condition, let me know. Thanks! smile.gif

I think the 90 doesn't have the greatest ecu either. Not sure on that though.

But other than price, i'm not sure why he wouldn't want a 94 if he's willing to get a 93.

Personally the best year I think is the 92 model made before april, with the 6 bolt engine and the 4 bolt rear.

i have a '90 AWD with 4 bolt and other basic upgrades. tranny went but shouldnt be hard to fix. ran a 13.10 @ 103 on 17psi w/ 93 octane. no tuning. basically stock with a few upgrades. $1500 as is, or i can fix it for a negotiable price

also has 3000gt upgraded brakes. easily will run 12's with SAFC and race gas.

A friend at work just told me she wanted to sell her 90 / 91 Turbo Laser 5 speed. 198,000K miles. Small rust spot around the antena, Inside looks very good. I have pics if your interested. They are looking for around $1,500.

Originally posted by Dsm Zer0:

I think the 90 doesn't have the greatest ecu either. Not sure on that though.

But other than price, i'm not sure why he wouldn't want a 94 if he's willing to get a 93.

Personally the best year I think is the 92 model made before april, with the 6 bolt engine and the 4 bolt rear.

I allways get confused around then, which is bad because that's what I own, it's simply that I've read different information from different places. Mine is a very early 92 if I'm remembering right, build date in 91. When did the biger brakes start up?

He did say only up to 93, weird, didn't even notice that, I just assumed he wanted a first gen.