First time eating sushi today...

MrMeanGreen

Chris and I met up for lunch today, and we ended up going to the China Garden buffet at Schrock & Westerville.

I'd never tried sushi before, and saw it there last time. Chris mistakenly put some breaded/fried sushi on his plate and took a bite, which reminded me they had some in the raw attire.

So, I grabbed a piece. First things first, it looks like some rice with colorful shit wrapped in an eel. I'd noticed the colorful shit was actually vegetables, shrimp, and a slice of pineapple.

I removed the vegetables and pineapple, and stuffed the rest (rice, shrimp, eel skin) in my mouth. Tastes like a fish market with a slightly sweet taste, probably runoff from the pineapple piece.

Not absolutely disgusting, as I enjoy lox immensely. But not quite to my tastes. I think I'll pass next time.

Originally posted by NBC4 Fuel Dude:

Chris and I met up for lunch today, and we ended up going to the China Garden buffet at Schrock & Westerville.

I'd never tried sushi before, and saw it there last time. Chris mistakenly put some breaded/fried sushi on his plate and took a bite, which reminded me they had some in the raw attire.

So, I grabbed a piece. First things first, it looks like some rice with colorful shit wrapped in an eel. I'd noticed the colorful shit was actually vegetables, shrimp, and a slice of pineapple.

I removed the vegetables and pineapple, and stuffed the rest (rice, shrimp, eel skin) in my mouth. Tastes like a fish market with a slightly sweet taste, probably runoff from the pineapple piece.

Not absolutely disgusting, as I enjoy lox immensely. But not quite to my tastes. I think I'll pass next time.

I love it!!!!

Haiku has da bombaz sushi! Shoku is good too!

The "eel" was most likely a seaweed wrap. If it was greenish and wrapped around the outside it was. I highly doubt that China Buffet would waste the money to put out Eel. Never the less congrats on your California rolls. Try some Uni at a real restaraunt. :D