Rules for entering Circleville

Otis Nice

So it was Texas. I edited it a little.

As you enter Circleville, the following list of rules applies to each person. Read 'em, Learn 'em...remember 'em!

1. Pull your saggin' pants up. You look like an idiot.

2. Let's get this straight; it's called a "gravel road", and I drive a truck because I need to. No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.

3. They are pigs, cattle and oil wells. That's what they smell like to you. They smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it? SR-22 east and west, SR-23 goes north and south. Pick one.

4. So you have a $ 60,000 car. We're impressed. We have quarter-million dollar corn stalk strippers that we drive 3 weeks a year.

5. So every person in every truck waves. It's called being friendly.

Try to understand the concept.

6. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of deer are coming in, we

WILL shoot it out of your hand. You better hope you don't have it up to

your ear at the time.

7. Yeah, we eat catfish and crawdads. You really want sushi and caviar?

It's available at the Harguss Lake bait shop.

8. The "Opener" refers to the first day of deer season. It's a religious

holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November.

9. We open doors for women. That is applied to everyone, regardless of

age.

10. No, there's no "vegetarian special" on the menu at Reno's. Order steak or you

can order the Chef's salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham and turkey.

11. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meat,

vegetables and breads. We use three spices: salt, pepper and Pace

Picante Sauce.

12. You bring "coke" into my house, it better be brown, wet and served

over ice. You bring "Mary Jane" into my house, she better be cute, know

how to shoot, drive a truck and have long hair.

13. High school football is as important here as the Lakers and the

Knicks, and a dang site more fun to watch.

14. Yeah, we have golf courses. Don't hit the water hazards - it spooks

the fish.

EDIT: damn. wrong forum! can someone move it to the parking lot for me?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Rane:

I think you should change the name of the topic to redneck acceptance speach. That shit was gay.

YOU ARE RIGHT ON!!!!

Treating women nicely, staying away from drugs, eating real food, being friendly to neighbors, and being all-around American is SOOOO gay.

Fucking high school kids. You could learn something from that list.

Originally posted by NurkVinny:

YOU ARE RIGHT ON!!!!

Treating women nicely, staying away from drugs, eating real food, being friendly to neighbors, and being all-around American is SOOOO gay.

Fucking high school kids. You could learn something from that list.

preach on man!

[ 07. June 2004, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: buckeye ]

Originally posted by NurkVinny:

There are some things that should be followed on that list but some of the other ones plain out ignorant. Lets talk about being American for a second. This country was founded on having religious freedom; the freedom to chose to live how you want to choose as long as it's within the law, which is the way it should be. Quite a few of these on the list are opinionative of how one should live. Personally I think people should be friendly to their neighbors, but what if someone doesn’t want to be friendly. I hardly say hi to my neighbor. In fact he is the uncle of a very good friend of mine and due to things that have happened between them I don’t like him one bit as a person. We are civil to each other though and we stay out of each other’s business. I think a good round diet is a good thing and that’s how I personally eat but if someone wants to be a vegetarian or whatever then so be it (even if it hurts them), they can do whatever they want in that respect. That is American.

quote:

People can look however they damn well please. I think it looks stupid but they might not as long as I can't see their ass crack they can dress and look however they want. That is American.

quote:

2. Let's get this straight; it's called a "gravel road", and I drive a truck because I need to. No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.

Agreed, I don't drive on gravel roads too much but this is like the guy with 35's on his truck that does 60 in the fast lane.

quote:

I don't know you, don't wave at me. Just my American Opinion.

quote:

your ear at the time.

Who takes their cell phone hunting? :confused:

quote:

Another set of Opinions.

quote:

age.

That's fine. I hold doors open for women, men and kids all of the time. But if she/he doesn't say thanks she'll get a smart-ass remark from me (I obviously don't do this to little kids).

quote:

10. No, there's no "vegetarian special" on the menu at Reno's. Order steak or you

Picante Sauce.

Another Opinion.

quote:

I will agree that drugs are bad and you shouldn't take them into someone elses house that doesn't want them there. When's the last time someone did anything other than get the munchies after they smoked weed? What drugs are 'bad' right now in todays day and age are just set by modern societal standards and are not set in stone. There is no ethical dilemma here.

quote:

I hope one day I get fat and can't do any physical activity so I can push my kid too hard to do something they don't enjoy that way I can still fell 'alive'.

quote:

the fish.

Yet ANOTHER opinion. I hate golf but whatever floats your boat.

^^^^ Way too much free time. smile.gif

If you grew up in 'in the city', you probably won't understand the list, and that's fine. I think a lot of people need to remember that a large percentage of our country's population are 'country folk' who did not grow up in cities.

But who cares? That list was intended to be funny; it's been WAY too over-analyzed.

No I dont know Jeff.

And damn, anyone that puts that much thought into a post like this is a faggot. I found it, got a slight chuckle, copied and pasted. Get over yourselves droning little lives and if you dont like it, don't post. I didn't write it, just posted it.

Sorry I posted what I wanted, said what I wanted , and believe in what I say. Good God in heaven above forbid me use my freedom of speech. NOW THAT'S AMERICAN!

Have a nice day. :D

Originally posted by Neo:

There are some things that should be followed on that list but some of the other ones plain out ignorant. Lets talk about being American for a second. This country was founded on having religious freedom; the freedom to chose to live how you want to choose as long as it's within the law, which is the way it should be. Quite a few of these on the list are opinionative of how one should live. Personally I think people should be friendly to their neighbors, but what if someone doesn’t want to be friendly. I hardly say hi to my neighbor. In fact he is the uncle of a very good friend of mine and due to things that have happened between them I don’t like him one bit as a person. We are civil to each other though and we stay out of each other’s business. I think a good round diet is a good thing and that’s how I personally eat but if someone wants to be a vegetarian or whatever then so be it (even if it hurts them), they can do whatever they want in that respect. That is American.

quote:

People can look however they damn well please. I think it looks stupid but they might not as long as I can't see their ass crack they can dress and look however they want. That is American.

quote:

Agreed, I don't drive on gravel roads too much but this is like the guy with 35's on his truck that does 60 in the fast lane.

quote:

I don't know you, don't wave at me. Just my American Opinion.

quote:

your ear at the time.

Who takes their cell phone hunting? :confused:

quote:

Another set of Opinions.

quote:

age.

That's fine. I hold doors open for women, men and kids all of the time. But if she/he doesn't say thanks she'll get a smart-ass remark from me (I obviously don't do this to little kids).

quote:

Picante Sauce.

Another Opinion.

quote:

I will agree that drugs are bad and you shouldn't take them into someone elses house that doesn't want them there. When's the last time someone did anything other than get the munchies after they smoked weed? What drugs are 'bad' right now in todays day and age are just set by modern societal standards and are not set in stone. There is no ethical dilemma here.

quote:

I hope one day I get fat and can't do any physical activity so I can push my kid too hard to do something they don't enjoy that way I can still fell 'alive'.

quote:

the fish.

Yet ANOTHER opinion. I hate golf but whatever floats your boat.

graemlins/wtf.gif

You fuckin scare me

#1. If someone waves at you, you wave back, it's called not being a shrivled dick asshole. If your nrighbor is nice to you, you are nice back to them.

#2. You are calling traditions and local food opinions graemlins/nonono.gif

#3. Holding the door for someone is called being polite. If they don't thank you for it, what makes you think you are any better when you say some stupid smart ass remark?

#4. Drugs ARE bad. People do all kinds of stupid shit when they are on drugs. Why do you think they are illegal? Oh it must be a G.W. conspiracy. Even in today's society, drugs are NOT accepted.

#5. High school football players have more heart than any pro-player you could ever go watch. Supporting children on a team and supporting your community is one of the best things you could do.

Remember, this is a redneck list. You wanna over analyze it, it will come right back at you because you are analyzing things you do not understand.

Originally posted by Keyword:

Remember, this is a redneck list. You wanna over analyze it, it will come right back at you because you are analyzing things you do not understand.

I don't think I need to understand them to know that most of what's on that list is opinions. That list is trying to state that people should live by other people’s opinions, which I don't agree with.