Rules for entering Circleville

Otis Nice

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Neo:

I don't think I need to understand them to know that most of what's on that list is opinions. That list is trying to state that people should live by other people’s opinions, which I don't agree with.

Being polite isn't an opinion.

Drugs are bad isn't an opinion

Local tradition and local foods are not opinion.

The fact that high school football is really important to s lot of small town folk isn't an opinion.

The diets of people and what resteraunts serve isn't opinion.

I think you need to take your "opinion" views and take a dose of reality. Maybe even venture outside of 270 every once in a while, and I'm not talking Dublin or Westerville.

Originally posted by Rane:

In my oppinion I don't even like circleville so who cares wabout there queer rules.

nobody even likes you so why care about what queer things you say? tongue.gif

Originally posted by Rane:

I don't think anyone likes anyone on this board sept for girls who show there boobs so why argue.

Maybe I sould show my man boobs?

First off, Rane, that's gross. Damn Michigan fans. :D

Originally posted by Keyword:

Maybe even venture outside of 270 every once in a while, and I'm not talking Dublin or Westerville.

That's about the funniest thing I've read in a while.

Yes, those are my opinions but I don't say you need to follow them as this list stated people need to follow their opinions. I only ask you to respect my opinions and the way I chose to live and I will do the same for you. This list is disrespectful to peoples unalienable right to live how they want to live (all within the law, without hurting others, respecting others and their opinions etc.).

Yes, one should be polite. Local tradition and foods are fine, but that list didn't say respect them it said to follow them.

What 'we' call drugs and the fact that they are all bad are more of a modern societal standard than an opinion, which can/will/has change(d) drastically over time. Why is tobacco and alcohol legal while some other ‘drugs’ aren’t?

90% of people who support local football are living vicariously through that medium, true statistic.

First off, Rane, that's gross. Damn Michigan fans. :D

That's about the funniest thing I've read in a while.

Yes, those are my opinions but I don't say you need to follow them as this list stated people need to follow their opinions. I only ask you to respect my opinions and the way I chose to live and I will do the same for you. This list is disrespectful to peoples unalienable right to live how they want to live (all within the law, without hurting others, respecting others and their opinions etc.).

Yes, one should be polite. Local tradition and foods are fine, but that list didn't say respect them it said to follow them.

What 'we' call drugs and the fact that they are all bad are more of a modern societal standard than an opinion, which can/will/has change(d) drastically over time. Why is tobacco and alcohol legal while some other ‘drugs’ aren’t?

90% of people who support local football are living vicariously through that medium, true statistic.

no one said alcohol and tobacco aren't bad.

Also, I don't believe ANY statistics unless they come from a credible source. You are not a professor, reseacher, or expert in the subjst, please point me to where you found this stat.

Guest Elinar Longsight
Wow, this list was a JOKE nothing more, nothing less. It was meant to be funny, not to be taken seriously. Some of you guys need to take a chill pill or something.

Guest Tony_K

One of the saddest things about today's young people is the fact that so many of them are hung up on their "right to do whatever they want to do," and place little or no value on the little things they can do to improve life for everyone around them. It's just "me, me, me," never thinking of others or how one's personal actions might affect others.

That was a fun list, yenner. Doesn't take a redneck to enjoy it. smile.gif

90% of people who support local football are living vicariously through that medium, true statistic. tongue.gif

Originally posted by Keyword:

Also, I don't believe ANY statistics unless they come from a credible source. You are not a professor, reseacher, or expert in the subjst, please point me to where you found this stat.

There, I didn't think anyone would take that seriously.

Originally posted by Tony K:

One of the saddest things about today's young people is the fact that so many of them are hung up on their "right to do whatever they want to do," and place little or no value on the little things they can do to improve life for everyone around them. It's just "me, me, me," never thinking of others or how one's personal actions might affect others.

That was a fun list, yenner. Doesn't take a redneck to enjoy it. smile.gif

Maybe that's how we grew up or just how people in my age demography think. I don't think people who have this mindset and/or are this age are necessarily thinking 'it's all about me' or not into helping others. I do personally see some of what I consider freedoms (for all) being slowly taken away and I don't agree with it. Mindsets like whoever originally wrote this list I believe perpetuate and/or don't stop the progression of our dissipating freedoms.

Personally I don't find that too humorous.

Guest luciousjess
wow. its just a list. i know a lot of people from circleville so i found it funny. not to apply to everyone but it was still funny.

Guest stevil

Good list. And it sort of shows how things are out in the country/small towns. It's not meant to change your opinion or force you to be polite. Just some guidelines to local etiquette... just like there could be "Rules for visiting Japan", where number 1 is to leave shoes at the door, etc.

I'd like to add a rule... some people move out here and have no clue.

15. This isn't the city, don't call the cops because we're noisy and have disturbed you. We shoot guns, enjoy music, use noisy tools & equipment, drive loud cars, trucks, and tractors. If you want more peace and quiet, you should have bought more land. :D

Originally posted by Tony K:

One of the saddest things about today's young people is the fact that so many of them are hung up on their "right to do whatever they want to do," and place little or no value on the little things they can do to improve life for everyone around them. It's just "me, me, me," never thinking of others or how one's personal actions might affect others. smile.gif

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking when I said people could learn something from some of the items on the list.

Just because "I don't have to say hi to my neighbor if I don't want to!" doesn't mean you can't. That is only one example out of hundreds that show the selfish attitude this country is moving towards. You might be surprised how far little things like that go towards improving life.

Some unrelated side notes:

If you ever want people to take your words seriously, try arranging them in specific groups resembling sentences. AN ATTEMPT at spelling goes a long way, too.

Turn your friggin cell phone off in the restaurant.

Turn your friggin cell phone off in your car.

Turn your friggin cell phone off and shut your pie hole in the theatre.

Make-up should be applied at home or at the office, not on the commute between the two.

Reading memos at work is good; reading same memos on 270 is bad.

Be scared of the quiet guy walking towards you; don't worry about the rapper-wanna-be screaming at you. They are a joke.

This life is not all about you.

Yuppies don't understand hicks; hicks don't understand yuppies. Don't try.

Carburetors are NOT evil.

Your elders ARE wiser.

The Atkins diet will be proved harmful (I'll bet you a six-pack of high-carb beer).

If you were brake-checked, you deserved it.

Cops are not out to get you.

Your psycho ex is out to get you.

Marriage is about more than pussy.

Guest visualpoet
I thought it was pretty funny myself. Almost as funny as some of the rants against it. Come on, it's not the REAL rules for entering Circleville, quit getting so upset by it. You can still go to Circleville and not follow these rules. They just won't like you much the next time you come through!

Guest Tony_K
Originally posted by punkrocker3_00:

+2 It already has. Long ago when we made a little thing called the food pyramid.

+3 Good balance of natural foods + exercise = teh win

Thank god someone agrees with me on that.

My dad has to take 45+ pills a day due to the horrible side effects the Adkins Diet caused on his body.

Man, over-react much, people?

There's really only two rules to life;

1. Be polite, unless otherwise indicated.

2. Use your common sense, assuming you have any.

Guarantee, you follow these two rules, you'll damn well get along with everyone and live forever graemlins/thumb.gif

Oh, yeah, Rule 3. KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY CAR! http://www.mos95b.com/Smileys/punch%20blood.gif

Guest nevarmore

List of rules for making 'list of' posts:

1. Follow everything with a disclaimer.

2. Begin and end every sentence with "It's just my opinion".

4. Un-knot your panties before reading it.

11. DO NOT TAUNT SUPER HAPPY FUN BALL.

17. Do not feed the trolls.

23. Expect the specific person, demographic, or location of your list to be changed and still work.