Sport Bikes vs Cruisers

FLesher

my bike is fueled with malted hops and barley resins!!! lol, these guys may give the cruisers a bit of crap from time to time but I'd rather ride with any of 'em as opposed to some self indulgent a-hole with 50 grand wrapped up in his harley.

just curious david, why a 600cc scooter?

Do you have an irrational fear of clutches?

Do you have an obsessive compulsive disorder that requires your heels to touch?

My wife rides with me, she has lower back problems, the automatic CVT transmission is seamless and helps her be able to ride with me. Besides, "twist 'n go" is much more fun then "clutch, shift, go, clutch, shift, clutch, shift" Honestly, its much easier to enjoy the actual ride when you have one less thing to concentrate on.

Don't knock 'em till you try one. I've had my Silverwing up to 110mph and it does quite well on the twisties ;)

My wife rides with me, she has lower back problems, the automatic CVT transmission is seamless and helps her be able to ride with me. Besides, "twist 'n go" is much more fun then "clutch, shift, go, clutch, shift, clutch, shift" Honestly, its much easier to enjoy the actual ride when you have one less thing to concentrate on.

Don't knock 'em till you try one. I've had my Silverwing up to 110mph and it does quite well on the twisties ;)

I dunno, maybe i've just been riding too long, but i don't usually notice that I'm shifting, it just becomes second nature...

i haven't tried it, so you may be right:dunno: but my automatic cars were never as much fun to drive as my manuals, so i kinda doubt it.

I won't bash you too much, but i wouldn't brag about 110 mph, most of us 600 cc and above can do that in 2nd or 3rd gear...;)

I won't bash you too much, but i wouldn't brag about 110 mph, most of us 600 cc and above can do that in 2nd or 3rd gear...;)

Well look at the design of your bike and mine. Sportbikes are geared and designed for such speeds. My scoot is not necessary intended to reach such speeds and definetly not designed to maintain them, but when's the last time you heard someone say their scooter went over 100mph :D

Those scooters are actually a blast to ride. I prefer my sportbike, but def had fun driving them.

The 600cc Suzuki has an electronic shift override. It's push button, but it actually is a blast to ride and corners well too.

I used to think the scooters were kinda lame, but after riding them I give props to those that rock the scooters.