So two Hawks just got in a fight...

Guest Crankshaft

Guest Crankshaft

<font color ="midnightblue"> ...in my front yard. One dove down on top of the other one, then stood on top of him for about a minute until I went outside and they both flew away. Looks like the bottom one got bitch slapped hawk-style.

http://randomscreations.freewebspace.com/images/hawk_attack.jpg

Guest Crankshaft
Originally posted by Republicant:

nice grey square with writing.

?

Edit- did the pictures not display properly?

[ 22. December 2004, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Folkvang ]

Pics worked for me.

I was out washing my car one day this last summer and some sort of Hawk swooped down into the bush that's at the end of the driveway going after another smaller bird. There was some rustling in the bush, and then the Hawk took off. Didn’t get a good enough of a look to see if the Hawk had anything or not. It was pretty neat to watch, you just don’t see birds like that in the city too often.

Guest Crankshaft
Originally posted by Mr. 2:

Someone should make an owned pic out of it.

<font color ="midnightblue"> Lol, that's what I was thinking earlier too smile.gif

All I have here is MS Paint, or I'd do it

Birds of prey > * Had a pair of red tails by our old house for a couple yers, pumped out some young'ns. Used to see them hunt in the feilds.

Anyone ever see an owl? A few years back I saw a HUGE horned owl take a squirrel up in St Ignace michigan. THe Owl had to have a wing span of about 4-5ft and didn't make a fuckin sound, I mean none, not even a wooosh, just the scream of the squirrel when it got hit. I was quite amazed.

Originally posted by Bgbdbn:

I like how it is looking at the camera like "Hell yeah what do you think about that bitch".

i think he was saying "what the fuck you looking at, you want a piece too"

but seriously how cool would it be to have a pet bird of prey, that is why Dar was cool in the first place

My friend's family takes in hurt wild animals, they used to have a flight cage in their backyard, they had three hawks in there and they would get baby deer in during the spring and we would feed them a long time ago, it was sweet. They still have a barn owl that got one wing cut off that lives in their house with them, they are one of the softest birds I've ever felt.

Originally posted by Car Enthusiast:

i think he was saying "what the fuck you looking at, you want a piece too"

but seriously how cool would it be to have a pet bird of prey, that is why Dar was cool in the first place

Ya need a hard to get liscense. Plus, the birds themselves cost more then your average DSM.

Guest Crankshaft
Originally posted by Tenzig:

ney, there are "retailers". BUT, to get your liscense, you do have to trap your own and train it.

Its actualypretty rare to even see a coopers hawk round here. To see 2, and to have them fight in your front yard...go buy a lotto ticket. ;)

<font color ="midnightblue"> Nah, with my luck, that's probably where it all got spent, on seeing those two damn hawks duke it out in my yard, and I won't make a cent on the lotto. *@#%)&)*&!@#%!

Originally posted by Tenzig:

Anyone ever see an owl? A few years back I saw a HUGE horned owl take a squirrel up in St Ignace michigan. THe Owl had to have a wing span of about 4-5ft and didn't make a fuckin sound, I mean none, not even a wooosh, just the scream of the squirrel when it got hit. I was quite amazed.

I can remember, as a kid, being at COSI and seeing a demonstration on bird wings. They had both an owl wing as well as a duck wing. Swing the duck wing, all kinds of noise. Swing the owl wing - nothing, complete silence. The person doing the demonstration was even kind of witty; they remarked that duck's wings can be noisy because corn can't hear them coming.

Natural selection > *

Also, anyone suprised that the dead hawk looked as big as the killer hawk? My thinking would be that a hawk wouldn't mind taking out a much smaller hawk - that's easy prey, right? However, this hawk must be some kind of ninja hawk.

I agree - those are awesome pictures.