where to get a keg

evan9381

havin a bunch of people over in a week, and they decided instead of going and buying multiple cases of beer, it would be easier to get a keg

ive never gotten a keg, so i need some advise

1) where to go...ive heard of columbus distributing...is there anywhere else?

2) price...when i talked to CD, they said 94$/keg...is this about the average?

3) is this something that has to be ordered ahead of time, or can we go up there the day everyone comes and pick it up?

4) exactly how much beer is in a keg? ive seen the size of em, would 1 be good for say 25ish people?

#1 you have to be 21... and no one in the car can be under 21. There are two places that I know of, on 71 and 161 (for bud products) and down on 3rd ave in victorian village (for coors).

Prices depend on how much beer, but 1/2 keg is like 70-80 for bud light and you get 10 back when you return the keg. They have cups there if you need to buy them as well. 1/4 (pony) kegs are usually under 50 and would provide enough beer for 2-3 cups for 25 people. Like Theoretic said, you are probably not going to want to have any leftovers, so I'd get a 1/4 and an extra case or two.

if you want budweiser, you have to go to Columbus Distributors up off 71 and sinclair. i think a keg of bud, last time i was there was 84, with a 10 dollar deposit on the keg (standard at pretty much any keg place) which you get back if you return the keg. so 94 sounds about right.

if you want miller products, you have to go to Central Beverage on Michigan Ave... north of goodale, west of neil and south of first ave.

http://www.thebevgroup.com/CBG/kegpriccbg.htm - miller (central bev)

http://www.abwholesaler.com/columbusdistributing/ProductList - budweiser (columbus distributing co.)

as for being enough for 25ish people... 1/2 Barrel of beer contains 15.5 gallons = 6.9 cases or 165 12oz beers.

you know your friends better than we do... if you think they will drink more than 7 cases of beer in the evening, then maybe you should get 2... or maybe stock up on some cases too or somethin...

like theoretic said, i know 25 of my friends would kill the keg pretty fast, esp if you are playing drinking games like beer pong or something.

is this something that has to be ordered ahead of time, or can we go up there the day everyone comes and pick it up?

no, you dont have to order it ahead of time... you can just drive up and get it. call ahead to make sure their hours and stuff... i think both places take credit card, but im not positive... the last keg i bought wasnt in columbus, but that place was cash only.

also, fwiw, they weigh about 170 pounds full.

i think that covered all your questions :D

have a good one.

were not gonna be drinkin to get drunk...we're having a car meet/install day and were gonna grill out and drink some beer
you may also want to consider a 1/4 bbl... they have about 85 12ouncers in them... they are a bit cheaper too. if you dont think that the 1/2bbl will get drank, and dont want to have beer left over...

just food for thought.

thanks for the info!
no problem! :D

Originally posted by Chevy Metal:

i think both places take credit card, but im not positive... the last keg i bought wasnt in columbus, but that place was cash only.

Yeah, but they don't take fraternity checks.... assholes

imo every columbus distributer over charges hard core because they can since its basically only college kids buying from them... i got a keg up in cleveland over 4th of july last year and it was only $85 with the tap and keg deposit.

my suggestion if you dont mind driving some extra time call a few places a little farther outside of columbus and see what prices you can get thats if you are bargin shopping and im not saying drive to cleveland.

garrett