Anyone on here do out-of-state title inspections?

MrMeanGreen

The Mustang won't be here until next week, but the title will be here today. I know that Ohio requires vehicles being transferred from out of state to be inspected first, basically matching the VIN on the car with the VIN on the title.

Can anyone on here do one? I'd like to have the car registered and tagged before it gets here so I can drive it right away.

Thanks smile.gif

you have to have the dmv walk out to the car and physically see it to transfer the title, get 30 day tags and take car of the rest after that.( its kind of a pain, I had to do it because the 240 was from Kentucky )

Originally posted by B:

you have to have the dmv walk out to the car and physically see it to transfer the title, get 30 day tags and take car of the rest after that.( its kind of a pain, I had to do it because the 240 was from Kentucky )

If you trailer it in you do not need to get temp tags. You can have it inspected, the title transfered, and real plates issued all in one trip.

I just bought a truck from out of state. Had to take it over to the BMV on E. Main just west of 270. They did the inspection which involved going out to the truck and looking at the odometer and that was it. They give you a paper that you walk a few doors down and get the title transferred and then you walk back dont have to wait in line again and get your tags. Took about an hour with waiting in line and everything. Was pretty easy.

Originally posted by Bad Ass Black Buick:

I was able to take a picture of the VIN on the Buick and show the DMV down here in Florida, although it was on base and the ladies there knew me pretty well (I buy alot of cars)

too bad none of them are cool :D

Hmmm, my plow truck was from Minnisota. All I needed to do was take it to a dealership and have the VIN number verified. Basically the only inspection was for the VIN number matching the title. They signed off on a little piece of paper and I was good to go. I would advise you check into that. If the BMV gets to it. They will want to do a total inspection and red tag the car for ANYTHING wrong with it.