Days off from work > *

Sam1647545489

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

I hope you are joking....you won't be getting into the 9's w/ that power and a 6-speed. Ain't gonna happen. MAYBE w/ an auto and a PROPERLY setup suspension/tires.

true.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

I hope you are joking....you won't be getting into the 9's w/ that power and a 6-speed. Ain't gonna happen. MAYBE w/ an auto and a PROPERLY setup suspension/tires.

Where did I say I was goin to do it with a 6 speed..

Originally posted by MSTR-TRQ:

Where did I say I was goin to do it with a 6 speed..

You said you didn't want to be the only 9 second car at the track, implying your car runs and/or is currently capable of running 9's. It isn't.

Originally posted by ZYUL8TR:

The C5 can easily get into the 9's with a 6 speed. The Camaro/Firebirds can not.

Well, that statement is totally wrong. There are several LT1/LS1 F-body's in the 9's on the T56. If I recall, out of the fastest 6-speed F and Y body cars, the F-body is still the fastest (Tanner's nitrous powered Z28, which should be faster this year, as there is some more serious F-body 6-speed competition coming out this season). And if you think a 01 Z06 on some spray and slicks

The fact remains everything else being fairly equal, the auto is going to ET better than a street-type manual transmission.

Originally posted by rarest truck on CR:

autos are gay, true story. if ya can't get a manual trans goin faster than an auto in the same vehicle, same mods, all that shit, then you don't need to be racing, or even possiably driving at all.

Ummm.....no. I assume you are talking about a street-style tranny, not some Jerico drag racing manual or the like.

- Driveline/tire shock. You can load the driveline w/ an auto at launch, can't really do that w/ a stick car (I suppose a linelock + slipping then clutch slightly then a timed release would work, but you should get the picture here).

- Torque multiplication. Manuals don't get those niffty things called torque converters.

- Easier to launch, period. Far more consistancy, but not in the bracket racing sense, as in the you can come closer to your optimal launch every time vs. hope I don't shock the tires loose + hope dropped the clutch at the right speed + hope I gave the right amount of gas while letting out the clutch.

And this is coming from someone who races a manual transmission car. Simply put, tossing a TH400 w/ even just a 3000 stall would make my car EASILY make my car ET significantly better. But I don't want my Formula to be a drag-racing only setup.....at least until I can get a second toy to play with (Moostang doesn't count, it gets no more respect than being a daily beater).

Originally posted by rarest truck on CR:

autos are gay, true story. if ya can't get a manual trans goin faster than an auto in the same vehicle, same mods, all that shit, then you don't need to be racing, or even possiably driving at all.

What the hell are you talking about? If you dont know what your saying, DONT POST.

Do you understand that when your boosted that autos are faster because they can hold boost between shifts?

[ 20. May 2005, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: SupaSupraSE ]

Originally posted by SupaSupraSE:

What the hell are you talking about? If you dont know what your staying, DONT POST.

Do you understand that when your boosted that autos are faster because they can hold boost between shifts?

Exactly :cool: