Ticket Question (not how to get out of it)

Kevin R.

I received a ticket for supposedly squealing my tires in Circleville, although my car does not squeal the tires and there were 8 ricers around me.

But, i am not asking on how to get out.

I was wondering,

is this a moving violation?

points on license?

if under 18 and this is my 2nd offense will i lose my licese?

Thanks.

Guest Crankshaft
<font color ="midnightblue"> Get into your assault mech and make the cop take the ticket back. Or stomp on the courthouse.... Either way, I think these are your only solutions.

It depends on how they classify the ticket. Cleaning off tires can be written as a reckless op ticket (6 points) it can be classified as exibition of speed (can't remember points but it ain't just 2) or a couple of other things.

It is a moving violation. And it is one that can be written ANYWHERE, even if your car is in your driveway when you clean off the tires.

Alot of it depends on how the city handles it and classifys it. If they are having problems with ricers doing crazy shit, they will most likely class it up there like a reckless op ticket, but since it's their own ordnance and not a state law they will issue a citation and the city can pocket the ticket money. If you are charged off the ORC (Ohio Revised Code) or state set ordnance, they are suppost to take a small perentage of the income from the ticket, then send the rest to the state general fund or BMV, not sure who for sure, but it goes to the state.

The one saving grace is that since it's not an Ohio law they tyipcally will not report the ticket to the state or your insurance company. But that is NOT a gaurentee that they will not report it either.

Originally posted by buckeye:

go to court and hope the cop does not show up, alot of the time they don't and it is droped or reduced to a noisey muffler.

they dont show up? Ive been to court twice for myself and a few times for friends and wow they always showed up.

Originally posted by buckeye:

go to court and hope the cop does not show up, alot of the time they don't and it is droped or reduced to a noisey muffler.

Not true. That is an urban legend as I've found out directly from my attorney and the court system.

If you go to court and the officer fails to show, the court is allowed one continuance so that they may supoena the officer to show up again.

Truly, it's up to the discretion of the court whether they drop the case outright, plea bargain, or make you wait for another date due to the officer not showing up.

Guest No_Speed4_You
Originally posted by MJ:

I got a squealing tires ticket, and it was a no point violation with a $70 fine. This was in Dublin.

Yep, I live in circleville and got a ticket for squealing tires. They classified it as "excessive noise" which was a 60 dollar fine with no points and no insurance problems.

Originally posted by Aggressor:

Not true. That is an urban legend as I've found out directly from my attorney and the court system.

If you go to court and the officer fails to show, the court is allowed one continuance so that they may supoena the officer to show up again.

Truly, it's up to the discretion of the court whether they drop the case outright, plea bargain, or make you wait for another date due to the officer not showing up.

well I have beat multiple non speeding tickits buy going to court and the cop not, so it is true and it does happen (most of the time for me). BUT I did find out that if it is a trooper that wrights the ticket then you are not getting it droped AND they are limited to what they can reduce it to :rolleyes::mad: