My new house mod

Sam1647545489

http://home.insight.rr.com/samsc5/plasma_003.jpg

37 inch plasma tv with picture in picture. I can watch 5 channels at once, also can hook the pc to it if I wanted and use it as my monitor.. Sorry for the crappy pic. I took at this angle to show the thiness of it. Just picked it up yesterday. And yes this is in my bedroom, picking up another one for the family room at the end of this month..

definitely sweet. better than anything I have thats for sure...

but with my limited knowledge of plasmas, I always thought LCD televisions were more reliable than the plasma in terms of flat panels. (plasmas are very susceptible to burn-in.)

You may want to consider LCD for your next one.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/tv-buying-guide4.htm

http://www.flattvpeople.com/tutorials/lcd-vs-plasma.asp

Originally posted by Neo:

dlp>>* (common methods of projection). Get a DLP rear projector for the living room, imho. I'd get a front Projector, but I don't suppose that's what you are looking for.

Nice TV though.

I got a rear projection for our theater room in our new house.. plus a 42 in plasma for our bedroom. :D I'll have pics when we finally move in

A plasma won't be bad for the bedroom since it probably won't be used much. I'de be weary of a plasma for a living room. They just aren't up to par with how much you pay for them. Nice TV by the way graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by pgsrt-4:

Nice. Whats bad with plasmas? Can you not use them very much or they break?

The gas in them breaks down over time. Their life cycle is very limited as compared to LCDs, projectors, and conventional CRTs.

For the price you pay for a plasma, it would be better spent on LCD. But a badass TV, nonetheless smile.gif

I see, I was unaware that plasma tvs even had gas in them, but im not really very knowledgeable on these sorts of topics, but hey you learn something new everyday. Thanks anthony. :D

Originally posted by Blowzilla:

I got a rear projection for our theater room in our new house.. plus a 42 in plasma for our bedroom. :D I'll have pics when we finally move in

You mean a front projector?

Front Projection=the light hits the front of the screen. The light is reflected off of the screen. This is the little projectors that you set up, usually behind you. If you get a different type of screen, and have a projector that's capable of mirroring the image, you can shoot the projector from behind. Usually most setups like this, are made specifically for this. The reason being is that most front projectors have much too long of a throw to be feasible to shoot from behind.

Rear Projection=the light hits the back of the screen. The light is emissive, through the screen. This is most household projection TV's (stand alone, sits in front of you like a TV). I've seen some, old school, projectors that basically look like what the inside of a CRT projector TV would look like. Except for it projects the image onto the front of the screen, and you can see the guts because of this.

It sounds like a misnomer until you know how it is defined. You see, you can make any type of projection work either as front or rear projection (by design), but it's how that image hits the screen that defines if it's front or rear projection.

What's inside of a regular house hold projector as opposed to a stand alone projector isn't any different. That is assuming they use the same type of technology (CRT, DLP, LCD, Plasma, DILA, etc.). It's just the difference in the optics of how the image is thrown that makes it better (by design) one way or another.

plasma is ok, lcd is hardly better, if you have the money to buy this stuff you need to go with either a thin new crt, hangs on wall and only 5 inches thick lotsa $ though another option would be to get LCoS, much better than lcd, liquid crystal on silicone, better picture and contrast than lcd

You mean a front projector?

Front Projection=the light hits the front of the screen. The light is reflected off of the screen. This is the little projectors that you set up, usually behind you. If you get a different type of screen, and have a projector that's capable of mirroring the image, you can shoot the projector from behind. Usually most setups like this, are made specifically for this. The reason being is that most front projectors have much too long of a throw to be feasible to shoot from behind.

Rear Projection=the light hits the back of the screen. The light is emissive, through the screen. This is most household projection TV's (stand alone, sits in front of you like a TV). I've seen some, old school, projectors that basically look like what the inside of a CRT projector TV would look like. Except for it projects the image onto the front of the screen, and you can see the guts because of this.

It sounds like a misnomer until you know how it is defined. You see, you can make any type of projection work either as front or rear projection (by design), but it's how that image hits the screen that defines if it's front or rear projection.

What's inside of a regular house hold projector as opposed to a stand alone projector isn't any different. That is assuming they use the same type of technology (CRT, DLP, LCD, Plasma, DILA, etc.). It's just the difference in the optics of how the image is thrown that makes it better (by design) one way or another.

right, front projection is what I meant. :cool: I'm debating on a DLP or a larger rear projection for our basement now though

dlp>>* (common methods of projection). Get a DLP rear projector for the living room, imho. I'd get a front Projector, but I don't suppose that's what you are looking for.

Nice TV though.

Come to circuit city on polaris and ill give you a deal, i work in the t.v.s and know more then i shuold.

As far as plasma, burn in is extremely rare now in 4th generations. Now as far as LCDS for the money they are not worth it yet, the pixels burn OUT in those as well. The half of the plasma gas is not that bad, they project about 40-50 thousand hours of veiwing now, with select companys saying 60k. The down fault to both; and once a pixel goes out on either, the whole thing needs replaced, you cant repair the screens. Onto rear and front projections, DLP is nice, but right now, in no way shape or form better then LCD projection. The idea of advanceing the chips inside of the DLPS is neat, but then again its not a car, and when a newer chip comes out you cant just upgrade. But with all of these DLPS and LCD projection tvs you still have to replace a 300 dollar bulb about every three to four years ( the bulbs are halogen bulbs filled with argon ). If anyone has any type of question i gaurentee i can answer it ( well 90% sure ).

Bye the way this is brandon, not marc, aka B on here, pm with any questions.

Also what t.v is that, panasonic??

Originally posted by MadMalibu:

Come to circuit city on polaris and ill give you a deal, i work in the t.v.s and know more then i shuold.

When I’m ready to buy one, I will definitely come and talk to you. I actually just stopped into that store for the first time the other day, I didn’t even know it was there. Some fairly cute, younger looking girl helped me with a few movies. Black hair with red highlights.

Everything I’ve heard/read/seen has made me like DLP more than LCD projection. I’ll have to stop in sometime when I’m up in the area and you are working to talk about some of what you guys have on hand.

How’s your selection of front projectors?

Do you guys carry Denon receivers?

I’ll probably be buying a receiver before I got a projector, especially if I can’t fix mine.

Guest Harris92

When I’m ready to buy one, I will definitely come and talk to you. I actually just stopped into that store for the first time the other day, I didn’t even know it was there. Some fairly cute, younger looking girl helped me with a few movies. Black hair with red highlights.

Everything I’ve heard/read/seen has made me like DLP more than LCD projection. I’ll have to stop in sometime when I’m up in the area and you are working to talk about some of what you guys have on hand.

How’s your selection of front projectors?

Do you guys carry Denon receivers?

I’ll probably be buying a receiver before I got a projector, especially if I can’t fix mine.

You should buy a pair of those mp3 oakley's that are there while your there if you buy a t.v . Those things are pure hotness. graemlins/thumb.gif