Columbus Traffic Code

MrMeanGreen

Ouch, sorry about your luck. :(

I was told when I got my 67 in a 45 that he was writing me a ticket for speeding only...

You could try the Ohio Revised Code http://onlinedocs.andersonpublishing.com/oh/lpExt.dll?f=templates&fn=titlepage.htm

I couldn't find the Columbus specific codes using google.

Alright here we go the answer to all your questions?

2133.02(A) reckless op (M4)without due regard

2133.02(B) reckless op (M3)wanton disregaurd

2133.03(A) speed unsafe for conditions

2133.03(D3) speed per se posted limits on freeway

THERE IS NO 2133.0301

Yours is 2133.03(D1) which states

(D) No person shall operate a motor vehicle upon a street or highway as follows:

(1) At a speed exeeding fifty-five (55) miles per hour, except upon a freeway as provided in division (B)(7) of this section.

(B)(7) states that sixtey-five (65) miles per hour for operators of any motor vehicle weighing eight thousand pounds (8,000) or less empty weight and any commercial bus at all times on all portions of the following: Freeways.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, posted 55 MPH only.

In a nut shell your were given a ticket for going 22 miles an hour over the posted 55 MPH speed limit.

The fine for 20 over is $131.00 and if 2nd violation of the same offense within 1 year add $25.

Just speed no Reckless OP!!!!!!

Now is that the only traffic code on the ticket or is there more?

Let me know if I can answer any more questions for ya!!

hot diggity damn the po seem to be pulling everyone over. I guess I got stopped in the beginning of the ticketing barrage, because since that ticket (about 3 weeks ago) 9 of my friends have gotten tickets and several accounts of tickets here. the cops must be gettin bored this crime-free winter

Originally posted by 00Smurf:

well fear not. i got ticketed for doing 103 in a 65, he gave me a reck ops and a speding. damn sheriffs. nothign better for em to do, liek save people.

...like save the soccer mom and fam that's not looking 10 car lengths back when she pulls out in from of you?

well fear not. i got ticketed for doing 103 in a 65, he gave me a reck ops and a speding. damn sheriffs. nothign better for em to do, liek save people.

If this is true, you really should have been hauled to jail. You only got a slap on the wrist compared to what you should've been given.

Guest 00Smurf
Originally posted by rarest truck on CR:

if she pulls out in front of you, thats why you have brakes. and for all of you that think speeding is bad or what the fuck ever, go get bent. and get the fuck out of the left lane. SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT

thank you.

Originally posted by rarest truck on CR:

if she pulls out in front of you, thats why you have brakes. and for all of you that think speeding is bad or what the fuck ever, go get bent. and get the fuck out of the left lane. SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT

Everyone else is forced to go the speed limit what makes you think you're so special? It doesn't always get your where you want faster. I mean I can understand the occasional speeding at night when no one is around, but those fuckers that go 20+ the speed limit everyplace they go piss me off.

Originally posted by SAWBINDER:

Alright here we go the answer to all your questions?

2133.02(A) reckless op (M4)without due regard

2133.02(B) reckless op (M3)wanton disregaurd

2133.03(A) speed unsafe for conditions

2133.03(D3) speed per se posted limits on freeway

THERE IS NO 2133.0301

Yours is 2133.03(D1) which states

(D) No person shall operate a motor vehicle upon a street or highway as follows:

(1) At a speed exeeding fifty-five (55) miles per hour, except upon a freeway as provided in division (B)(7) of this section.

(B)(7) states that sixtey-five (65) miles per hour for operators of any motor vehicle weighing eight thousand pounds (8,000) or less empty weight and any commercial bus at all times on all portions of the following: Freeways.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, posted 55 MPH only.

In a nut shell your were given a ticket for going 22 miles an hour over the posted 55 MPH speed limit.

The fine for 20 over is $131.00 and if 2nd violation of the same offense within 1 year add $25.

Just speed no Reckless OP!!!!!!

Now is that the only traffic code on the ticket or is there more?

Let me know if I can answer any more questions for ya!!

Thanks Jim, it must be "D1" then. There's no other codes on the ticket, just "CTC" checked with the 2133.01D1.

Another speeding ticket, yay. Does the $25 fee for another within twelve months count only for a CPD issued citation? I have one from November issued by the New Albany PD redface.gif

Anthony on your ticket if he put it in the first red box and all he marked was speed then you are safe. Did he mark the little green box at the bottom left of the ticket that says summons of personall appearance required? Or just give you a court date to pay the fine by? If any more questions PM me with your number I have today off will be home after court today around 2:00 pm.

By the way smurf you got let off easy if all that you got was the ticket.

it was after midnight there werent any soccer moms out. there was hardly a car on the freeway.

Dude you were doing almost 40 over. Don't get me wrong i speed as well and have and do break 100 but if i get caught its my own fault for being stupid. Don't blame the police for doing there jobs. you play with gas you will get burnt!