Ohios Pro sports teams

99BlownYellowGT

Im sick o f ohios pro sports teams being cheap asses!!!! Utah just signed Boozer, the cavs can match but will they?? The reds wont spend any money and im sure another fire sale is coming soon. The indians well who cares about them hehe. Anybody else feel cheated by our pro teams?? I guess all i can say is go bucks!!!

Guest jpurdy2003
Originally posted by 99BlownYellowGT:

Utah just signed Boozer, the cavs can match but will they??

If they don't, I call for a ritual burning of pre-sold tickets.

Originally posted by Slowica GT:

Cavs don't have enough money to match Utah's offer. Most Cleveland could afford is maybe $40 million. But I believe that Boozer had no intention of staying in Cleveland to begin with.

not from what Boozer said.. the Cavs could have paid him something around 700k for his option next season, but he said he would rather sign a long term deal with them, so the Cavs passed on the option.. he has also mentioned many times how much he love Cleveland.. this is part of the reason, I dislike pro sports

Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy:

...........IO

You can both die now. ;)

I hear enough of that crap down on campus. They shove that team spirit down the throats of Freshman until they choke on it. graemlins/nutkick.gif

As for pro-teams, GO CREW! :cool:

Originally posted by Sofa King:

not from what Boozer said.. the Cavs could have paid him something around 700k for his option next season, but he said he would rather sign a long term deal with them, so the Cavs passed on the option.. he has also mentioned many times how much he love Cleveland.. this is part of the reason, I dislike pro sports

I know what Boozer said. But I think Boozer accomplished what he set out to do. He told the Cavs, "Yeah, just don't pick up my option, then you can resign me." When in reality, he just wanted out. I believe that this deal with Utah was in place before Boozer made his statements. He buttered up the Cavs front office, then when he was free, signed with the Jazz.

I don't know why it bugs me, I hate the NBA. Though being originally from Cleveland, it was kinda nice to see the Cavs actually bring in crowds. Maybe I'm still bitter from when Jim Thome pulled the same crap with the Indians.

Originally posted by Slowica GT:

I know what Boozer said. But I think Boozer accomplished what he set out to do. He told the Cavs, "Yeah, just don't pick up my option, then you can resign me." When in reality, he just wanted out. I believe that this deal with Utah was in place before Boozer made his statements. He buttered up the Cavs front office, then when he was free, signed with the Jazz.

I don't know why it bugs me, I hate the NBA. Though being originally from Cleveland, it was kinda nice to see the Cavs actually bring in crowds. Maybe I'm still bitter from when Jim Thome pulled the same crap with the Indians.

and sadly, I have to agree

Guest BLACKBIRD99
Originally posted by Ponyfreak.:

Go reds and bengles... wait. THey suck.... redface.gif (

Not as much as before. They both have the talent to make it into the playoffs. The Reds need to pull their heads out of their asses and get back into gear like they did in May/June when they were leading the division.

The Bengals, I'm willing to bet, will be better this year than they were last year and last year they were pretty decent.

Cleveland, the tribe considering who they have(a bunch of no names), they're doing pretty damn well. They could sneak into the playoffs.

The Browns, well who knows about them because I don't.

The Blue Jackets, they just...suck. Sorry to say that but we know it's true.

Don't know shit about soccor so I won't comment on how well or not the Crew is. I would hope they're doing well.

As someone said before, about a month and a half until the real Ohio team hits the field to start kickin ass and takin names. :D

Originally posted by Olds455:

As for pro-teams, GO CREW! :cool:

Soccer is gay.

"I will hand my son a pair of figure skates before he plays soccer" - Jim Rome

I must agree though that Ohio Pro teams suck:

bengals - allways suck

browns - have horrible managment right now

cavs - allways sucked (since mark price retired)

Indians - went from top team in the league to low budget hacks.

Reds - at least they knew enough to pay Larkin to keep the fans happy unlike cleveland (*cough* Thome *cough*)

Crew - good for 1 thing, buck a brat night :D