Anyone good with bikes?

f4isvt

I am good knowing my way around the honda but not my katana its kinda the red headed step child. I tore it down for paint and it ran just fine. I took the battery out and kept it on a trickle the whole time it was apart. I got 12.8 volts on the battery with no load. The headlights, turn signals, brake lights, horn everything works fine. But when you got to hit the start button it kills the headlight "normal" but nothing happens. No clicking nothing. If anyone is good with katanas and can trouble shit it be much appreciated. Hoping to get this running so I can start working on my honda.

don't mean to point out the obvious but does it have a kickstand sensor? is it in neutral? i know you can start it in gear with the clutch in is the clutch lever making good contact? just i few things i have forgotten about and been like "what the **** is wrong here!!" also the one that pisses me off the most, is the button on run and not stop if all that is already done disregard and maybe someone that has more than my meager knowledge can speak up

My buddies kanatuna wont start unless the kickstand is up not matter what. Try all the above, then you will have to start checking wires if youre sure the battery is good. Did you remove/disconnect any wires when you tore it down?

Honda, Suzie, Cowie, a bike is a bike is a bike man. thats like saying I can use Dial Bar soap, but when you hand me a bar of Irish Springs, I'm totally lost on what to do with it. The parts may all look different, but I assure you they all do the same thing.

Nothing I just never ride it. I know all bikes are the same but this is my first time really tearing into it. All fuses are good, all sensors are in correct position, I am stumped.

Check the ground to the Starter....

Also makes sure the clutch sensor is there as Suzuki won't start unless the clutch is pulled in (in gear and Neutral)

Yes the light going dim or off is normal at start up I am pretty sure.

If it is doing that sounds like the clutch sensor is there, just the starter is not working.

I got it running the plug at the clutch is messed up. I am assuming thats a clutch sensor. I have to wiggle it every time I go to start it but who cares. Now its time to dive into my honda

I got it running the plug at the clutch is messed up. I am assuming thats a clutch sensor. I have to wiggle it every time I go to start it but who cares. Now its time to dive into my honda

Glad you found it,,, See we are not as WE TODD DID as we come off

Except Yota :bitchfight: