Best place watch the fireworks?

Browning

Wheres a decent place to watch them, without being downtown in the mess? I havent been to red, white and boom for about 5-6 years. My girlfriend has never been. We are supposed to meet up with a friend of the family at McKinley Ave. But, Id rather not go there because I hate that area. I am East of Columbus so.....

Originally posted by Buck531:

+1

Get a 80" projection screen.. turn the lights off, and turn the music up REAL loud. smile.gif

115" projection here, fuck the traffic.

no longer in the parade either, they said we where completely on our own for parking ect.

I just participated in one of the grandest spectacles of lawlessness I can recall from recent memory.

We started out stopping on 670W along with, oh, at least several hundred other cars. Then, the ODOT trucks (i.e., the ones that help people when they get flats and stuff) started rolling through, making everyone leave. So, everyone rolls out - in complete chaos - only to then pull over again a few hundred yards up the way - only then to get run off again.

We went all along 670W, then headed back into the split. We ended up watching the majority of the fireworks - including the finale - on 70E, in the split, on the inside median of the bridge than spans over 315. The split was at a complete standstill - people were just randomly stopping at any place they could - even in the middle of the freeway - to watch the fireworks. All the while, CPD was trying to run people off along with the ODOT folks.

I fucking loved the madness.

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

I just participated in one of the grandest spectacles of lawlessness I can recall from recent memory.

We started out stopping on 670W along with, oh, at least several hundred other cars. Then, the ODOT trucks (i.e., the ones that help people when they get flats and stuff) started rolling through, making everyone leave. So, everyone rolls out - in complete chaos - only to then pull over again a few hundred yards up the way - only then to get run off again.

We went all along 670W, then headed back into the split. We ended up watching the majority of the fireworks - including the finale - on 70E, in the split, on the inside median of the bridge than spans over 315. The split was at a complete standstill - people were just randomly stopping at any place they could - even in the middle of the freeway - to watch the fireworks. All the while, CPD was trying to run people off along with the ODOT folks.

I fucking loved the madness.

That is great. actually, a really good idea, perhaps they could legally organize something in the future to keep some lanes open. You should have popped your hood and tell them you are broke down. graemlins/thumb.gif