Any club goers here

Sam1647545489

Please post here if you go out on weekends to any clubs. And also please post what club you go to and why you like it. I need as much info as possible, goin to do some investing in a club and try to get a new crowd into the club. Need to know what are people looking for in a club, atomosphere ETC....

Thanks, any help will go rewarded with a free pass if you want... smile.gif

I belong to a 4-H club. Sometimes, we plant stuff, and, other times, we sell homemade food.

Anyway, it's great to hear about you moving into the club business. Seriously, let me know if you need a dee-jay; I could get back into that again.

Guest racinbird

Seems like the best clubs are the new clubs. Every time one opens its busy til the next one comes along.

Honestly, a decent size club with a mix of lounge space; pool tables and just sitting tables, a few dart boards. Always need a decent space for the girlies to dance. Live DJ, rephrase GOOD dj, and a bathroom where it wont take an hour to pee!!!. Thats actually a big issue, I have been out with a good number of people that hate going to clubs where the bathroom line takes forever.

A BIG bar, has to surround the whole wall or make it a big square in the middle of the room, us drunks hate waiting on beers!!

It also helps to have good beer prices, at least something, domestic bottle night, domestic keg night, something has to be decently priced. Also have good bar tenders that will remember and notice the regulars. It sucks to go to the same place every weekend or so and be treated like a stranger. You will want to come back if they remember you. They take care of us, we take care of them.

Also has to be a clean, safe atmosphere, no one wants to feel like they could get the crap kicked out of them or worse.

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

I belong to a 4-H club. Sometimes, we plant stuff, and, other times, we sell homemade food.

Anyway, it's great to hear about you moving into the club business. Seriously, let me know if you need a dee-jay; I could get back into that again.

John you terd. Call me let chat about this...I think you know what club I am talking about..

Guest racinbird

OK, i feel stupid, looks like you were talking about girlie clubs...duh

I dont frequent those clubs too much, I hate spending money on something I wont be taking home.

But clean hot women are number one thing. I do like columbus gold <i think> where you bring your own beer.

The Frog Bear & Wild Boar Bar

Usually Saturday nights, normally 1-2 Sat. nights a month.

Why? Live music, which I always feel is better than a DJ. And they tend to have some decent bands play there, which is a BIG plus.

Good variety of women there, but tends to draw in some of the older crowd. The lady bartenders/waitresses are top notch.

Bathroom is fairly clean, and has the LCD screens above the urinals, though it could definately use some more urinals and less stalls.

Booze is about average in price. The place does good for sitting and standing area, which is a plus, and something people really care about.

Sound is also a big issue for me. I used to go to Krome a fair amount (a while ago), and my biggest complaint with that place was the music was TOO DAMN LOUD. You literally had to scream just to talk to the person next to you, it was insane. Frog Bear does pretty well with the volume levels; loud but not excessive by the stage, quiet enough that you can have a conversation towards the back.

Things I'd personally like to see in a club:

- QUICK/EASY drink ordering at a bar. I hate waiting to buy my booze, especially in busy places where you have to put a bunch of effort in to get to the bar and get the bartenders attention to get a drink. Too many clubs/bars put a lot of focus on seating for people AT the bar, yet the majority of the drinks they are selling are to people NOT sitting there.

- Heat in the line area of some kind. I don't wear a jacket into a club, and it sucks freezing your ass off waiting in line.

- Easy entry/exit between different parts of the club. I don't want to struggle through some tight doorway everyone is trying to get through just so I can take a leak.

- Good temperature control. Not really a winter problem, but some places turn into an oven in the warm months. I'm losing enough hydration drinking my mind away; I can't afford to lose any more to sweat. :D

Hopefully that input will help a bit. We used to go to Bannana Joe's a LOT when it was open and busy (that place is my favorite of all time during its high point). Brother's is ok once in a great while, but the setup there sucks. Krome used to be pretty fun. A lot of people like Long Street, but I never had fun there any time I've went. Victory's can be fun, but the crowd usually sucks and their setup doesn't work well for them unless the place is packed.

Edit: IF you want to take a look at a pretty cool club scene, go down to Orlando, FL. All of their good stuff is in one area in downtown, and is freaking AWESOME. I highly suggest a place called "Club Orlando"

Originally posted by racinbird:

...and a bathroom where it wont take an hour to pee!!!. Thats actually a big issue, I have been out with a good number of people that hate going to clubs where the bathroom line takes forever.

That's one thing that really pisses me off about Brothers.

Using Brothers as an example there are things I think they have right:

-Bar Layout (middle of the room, accessable from any side)

-Beer carts spread out around the floor so you don't have to wait in line

-Cute bar tenders and beer girls

-Most of the time there's plenty of seating if you just want to chill

-pool tables are away from the main foot traffic

And they have a few things wrong:

-The bathrooms always have long lines, which are always in the way of where people are walking

-The dance floor could be bigger

-The seating around the dancefloor is a nice idea, but doesn't work. It's always too crowded up there, but would work if there were more floor space.

-darts are in the way when the crowd gets bigger

Hope that helps. I only use Brothers as an example because it's probably the most 'club' type place I go to in Columbus. I usually just go to a bar. It also always helps to have some type of drink special.

I think the best designed club in town is the Coliseum. Its the old Yucatan. The crowd, however, sucks. Big dance floor, plenty of bars, nice, clean bathroom. Good music, ect. However, i think they have a free ham giveaway to the first 100 women, and serve the chunky cold medina.

If you are getting into that buisness, good luck. The liqour license is probably the hardest thing to get.

I used to like glow. The crowd was great, and atmosphere was better.

If you open one in the Arena district, dont change your "happy hour" specials because there is a blue jackets game that night and your place will be packed.

I hate that shit.

Went to "the lounge" for the first time last night. Peanuts are a good idea. (especially since we cant smoke.)

On that note, if the ban is still in effect, have some means for smokers to go without actully leaving. (the lounge has a little heated area in back)(other places ignore the ban)

*brothers is pretty nice, but their "security" seems to always be on an ego trip. You definitely have to have the expandable wall and patio for when its nice.

Also, the little beer stations away from the main bar are a great idea since the main bar is always so damn crowded and under staffed.

yeah, I like the setup of the Coliseum. There are just never any people there whenever I go.

now I have a question while we are on the subject. I have a date wed night, and she wants to go dancing, where should we go? We are both under 21

easily accessible bar.

brother's $1.50 long island ice teas rock. remember a large part of your crowd is college students if they can go to a sweet bar with good prices then they will come

i know alot of students that don't go to downtown is b/c of the prices, campus bars have better deals.

i like atmosphere alot, like at carlyle club, the light up bar and shit like that.

also make sure that if there is a bar in the middle that even with a bar have enough room to walk around, metro sucks for this (remember?)

Guest Redracerx

If your opening a dance club, there should be multiple levels of fllors to dance on. Kind of like a multi tiered platform where people can dance all around.

Selling just beer is a bad idea, Sell mixed drinks to but with a good variety to choose from, not just a couple types of Vodka and Rum, do the whole spectrum of drinks.

Always have a live DJ, who is good, but on occassion host local groups/bands who want to come up in the world.

And, just like everyone else has said, large bathrooms are a must. If your serving any kind of food or drinks, a small athroom will just piss people off.

That idea for the heated outdoor patio is a great idea too. CBR's has a patio but we freeze our asses off when ever we need a cig.

Guest Redracerx
Also forgot to mention a VIP lounge, great idea if there a national events going on in town, and you want some celebs to come and chill. If there is nothing going on you could let CR use the lounge too. :D

Guest 1QWKEVO

I like Nyoh's, well on Country night anyways! lol its real laid back, no fights or bullshit goin on, the country music is good and the hot chicks in their cowboy hats is a nice feature too! the only downside to it is that its too small

so i guess im goin to mention doing something like that, Country night, or Ladies night of course like the Coliseum does on Fridays, then maybe $1 domestics one night, little perks to get ppl to want to come

No cover - if if there is a cover give me a beer coupon or something.

clean or dimmly lit, lots of bar space

live dj is fun but on a occasion live bands would be a different croud

some sort of special on a drink each night

seperate dancing area

Location, and if its out there how much local parking is available? How much is the parkin?

good luck Sam

I HATE goin to differnt clubs but hearing the same music just remixed. Good DJs and a variety of women. The foam parties are fun on an occasional bassis especialy when its hot as shit out, and 90% of the girls are wearing white shirts. easy acces to bar, plenty of tables, CLEAN.

Originally posted by CaptainTerrific:

No cover - if if there is a cover give me a beer coupon or something.

+1

One thing that pisses me off about Lodge Bar is I'm paying $3 to park, then they want a $5 cover and there are no drink specials. At least at Brothers and Gasworks I can get a $1.50 Long Island or Gin and Tonic or $1 Jagerbomb shot. (Even though sometimes they mix it extremely weak)

Your security is very important: keeping away the trouble while maintaining a professional and courteous attitude.

A good DJ who knows how to mix and nightly drink specials will bring the crowd, which in turn populates it with hot chicks.

Flow of the club is probably #3, if I can't make it to the bar or the bathroom without climbing over people, it needs some attention. COnsider the club at it's most crowded; where are the bottlenecks?

I don't mind cover, but $10 is about all I'll pay around this area.

A patio area, with those space heaters that look like street lamps would be nice bonus for the smoking crowd.